Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Spec Based Quest Rewards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    87

    Spec Based Quest Rewards

    Wowinsider had an interesting post today for questing rewards in Mist of Pandaria. Which can be read here http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/29/gh...ewards-in-mop/. Basically quest only give gear rewards based of your active spec. There is also npc's that sell lower ilevel than quest gear that you might acutely want to buy also. With both of these in tandem I have mixed feelings since I haven't seen enough information about what items these npc's sell. What are your guys thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,025
    Kind of good, kind of bad. For example, my pally is Prot/Holy and I tend to quest as Prot and run dungeons as holy; this means to build a holy set I have to quest holy? No thanks. Maybe buying the gear will fill this gap. What I used to do is choose a quest reward based on what I needed most. I may have pulled out healing bracers from a dungeon run, so I'd tank the tank ones from a quest.

    Seem a bit limiting what they're proposing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    971
    I play pure dps classes so this doesn't affect me as much. But one one hand it does make me said. Plate is always worth the most money so now I'm going to lose money when I vendor my quest rewards
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marina del Rey, CA
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    I play pure dps classes so this doesn't affect me as much. But one one hand it does make me said. Plate is always worth the most money so now I'm going to lose money when I vendor my quest rewards
    Sometimes if it's like plate bracers or there's a weapon in with armor something else is worth more...weapons are really worth the most.

    On the topic...it seems dumb to only offer rewards based on your CURRENT spec. If you're going to go to the trouble to make all those rewards just offer them all ...1-3 different rewards based on their CLASS so they can pick whichever reward they want for whichever spec.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Sometimes if it's like plate bracers or there's a weapon in with armor something else is worth more...weapons are really worth the most.

    On the topic...it seems dumb to only offer rewards based on your CURRENT spec. If you're going to go to the trouble to make all those rewards just offer them all ...1-3 different rewards based on their CLASS so they can pick whichever reward they want for whichever spec.
    This. Makes. Sense.
    No one tanks in a void.........

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    Glad we are all on the same page ... When I first read this my first thought was "wait a minute you have to quest as a tank or healer to get tank or healing rewards ... thats not cool blizzard"

    I had not considered the gold aspect though, but since gold is so inflated anyway I see a simple fix to that as well, ALL QUEST REWARDS VENDOR FOR 1 COPPER! no matter what they are.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17
    Currently it gives a reward based on the spec you are when you turn in the quest so you technicaly dont have to quest as healer or tank, just swich spec before you turn it in.
    It us however still stupid, it should just show you the rewars based on class an let you choose from there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooji View Post
    Currently it gives a reward based on the spec you are when you turn in the quest so you technicaly dont have to quest as healer or tank, just swich spec before you turn it in.
    I'll have many "oh crap" moments as I forget to change specs as I rush to turn in quests.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I'll have many "oh crap" moments as I forget to change specs as I rush to turn in quests.
    Yeh, that will probably happend more then i want it to. GC atleast said that at higher lvls (90ish) the quests will offer rewards to choose from instead of just for ypur current spec so i hope that we wont be missing any nice 90 offspec gear that might be useful.

    Also some of the lower lvl quests offer choise to, seems to be questas with blue rewards so mostly we will be missing green items for offspec.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts