+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire DPS Problems.

Fire DPS Problems.

My armory: Willow. (I know my enchants and stuff are completely off at the moment.)

I'm new to mages and extremely new to fire. Take this as to say I leveled my mage to 85, got a few pieces of gear, went fire. That was 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to do things here and there on him and as such have a few pieces of good gear.

I'm having issues pulling good numbers with him though. I know Fire is subject to massive RNG from its reliance on crits (at least from what I've read), but it seems as though I must be missing some key elements of playing the spec in order to somewhat normalize, or just increase overall, my DPS on him.

Gear wise I did what I read on EJ: Hit to cap > Haste to 1505 > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

My plan of attack for single target is:
    Living Bomb > Flame Orb > Mirror Images > Scorch (for Critical Mass) > Fireball for the main nuke. I obviously use Fire Blast on Impact procs and Pyroblast on Hot Streak procs.

I'm using the CombustionHelper addon so I wait for Ignite and Pyroblast to be "green" (that is to say rolling on the target with some time left on them) before I pop Combustion.

It seems fairly simple to me, so I'm just wondering if I was doing it right and if anyone had tips or suggestions.

Thanks!

I'll make a more up to date post tomorrow but this should tide ya over till then http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...Mage-DPS-Guide
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

I've been playing around with fire lately(just because it's more involved then arcane). And using combustion helper i've only been using combustion when it says ignite is doing over 20K, my logic behind this is(according to ej and that post above) a good combustion is worth quite a few bad ones. And from what i've noticed it can make or break your dps
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

Your item level is pretty low I really wouldn't worry about reaching the 2004 haste cap since you would have next to no crit being that low.

So basically reforge pure crit. Only gem hybrids when its not a int loss, aka 20 int + 20 in + 20 is less the two 40 int gems.

Don't get spirit gear

Other then that its rotation, rotation, rotation. Get as much uptime on living bomb as you can while you let it explode, just like wrath DoT's refresh as soon as they fall off. Then its all working with your trinkets and raid cooldowns to maximize your dps
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

I only have crit gear where it was an upgrade from blues/greens I got from leveling and no DPS caster gear has dropped (I think my off hand is the only spirit piece I have. Think) =D

I've been reading through EJ's guide, the guide I found on Paragon's forums, as well as the guide here. I'm practicing my rotation and doing instances as they come to practice more. I suppose it will just take some practice before things click. =D

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Your item level is pretty low I really wouldn't worry about reaching the 2004 haste cap since you would have next to no crit being that low.

So basically reforge pure crit. Only gem hybrids when its not a int loss, aka 20 int + 20 in + 20 is less the two 40 int gems.

Don't get spirit gear

Other then that its rotation, rotation, rotation. Get as much uptime on living bomb as you can while you let it explode, just like wrath DoT's refresh as soon as they fall off. Then its all working with your trinkets and raid cooldowns to maximize your dps

+ Reply to Thread