+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum Junkies EP 18 - MoP Press Tour Pt2!

Forum Junkies EP 18 - MoP Press Tour Pt2!

In this week's Episode:
    1. 1) Glyph Changes, No more Prime, only Major/Minor!
    2. 2) Making the Talent system a challenging and Compelling one.
    3. 3) "Have Group Will Travel" Removed!
    4. 4) Scenarios
    5. 5) Reputation/Profession Rewards
    6. 6) Challenge Mode Special Effects
    7. 7) Queuing for Scenarios?
    8. 8) Earn the Trust of Factions (bonus Darksend Rant!)
    9. 9) Humor encounters despite 'serious' expansion
    10. 10) Train your Dragon. Training your mount!
    11. 11) Pre Xpac Event, only 2 weeks for Theramore's destruction.

Click through the break for this week's episode!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

bonus Darksend Rant!
    *facepalms*
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    *facepalms*
    Don't lie you loved it!

Wait why would it take 10 minutes to change a talents? It only cost one Dust of Disappearance to change one talent and it can be done anywhere just like glyphs work. The only reason to go to a trainer in mop is to change specialization. Which I don't see happening too often given that there is dual specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Geach View Post
    Wait why would it take 10 minutes to change a talents? It only cost one Dust of Disappearance to change one talent and it can be done anywhere just like glyphs work. The only reason to go to a trainer in mop is to change specialization. Which I don't see happening too often given that there is dual specialization.
    I was basing it off of the current system where you have to a major city to respec. While I haven't been on the beta to see what system they are using. I figure we will still need to break between bosses for people to swap specs.

Ideally this could take place while your setting up groups and sending out summons for the next boss but we all know it won't, there will always be that one guy (or those few guys in 25man) who have to change one more thing, 30 more seconds.

Basically its 1 more thing to slow down raids.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

I was basing it off of the current system where you have to a major city to respec. While I haven't been on the beta to see what system they are using. I figure we will still need to break between bosses for people to swap specs.

Ideally this could take place while your setting up groups and sending out summons for the next boss but we all know it won't, there will always be that one guy (or those few guys in 25man) who have to change one more thing, 30 more seconds.

I don't have the beta yet either. But as far back as blizzcon it was stated talents would be changed like Glyphs. It was even asked a Dev Q&A that stated it again. Here are some quotes:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430935013#6
    goals are: no mandatory talents, change talents as easily as glyphs (changing Dust of Disappearance to something like a "training manual" to work for both glyphs and talents)
    http://www.wow-mop.net/MoP_dev_QA2.htm
    Q: Hey, you guys said that Talents would be as easy to change as Glyphs are, how do you plan to go about this?
    A: The current idea is that Dust of Disappearance becomes a "Training Manual" or something and that the same consumable can be used to blank out a glyph or a talent. The cost of the consumable means that players can change when they think it's important but won't do it for trivial gains. Remember it only needs to compete against the inconvenience of visiting a class trainer.
    Then beta footage came with talent overviews. The talents changes worked just like Glyphs. I get somewhat confused where the idea of having to go to the class trainer in MOP comes from based off this data.

While I do agree it can still cause some slow downs. This change will still be take less time than having to go back to trainer every raid boss like some players do now. This also lessen the desire for people to want to have a Tri specialization.

Any slow down from this system Will be a moot point at some point, because we all know someone is going to make a "Wardrobe" -esq addon for switching around talents.

This happens now. Honestly, this has been an issue since Ulduar when we got Dual Spec. I do not see any of these changes will produce more downtime. Overall you will probably be looking at this being less and less of an issue as people figure things out. Toss in the eventual addons that will "one button" change your talents to a preset for specific fights and this "downtime" will be no more than the time it takes to buff and eat the feast.

Hello,
    Regarding your comment on Blizzards concentrarion that will bring world PVP back and the removal of the "Have Group Will Travel" will only screw over people trying to get a raid together. You said "Someone killed Bob, we have to go avenge Bob's Death!" I have had a solution for that for a long time. Blizzard should set a radius, of so many yards, that should be set up around a summoning stone, and the entrance, to make the area neutral to protect "Said Raid" from forming. I Play on a PVP server and I think the same should be done for quest givers. Unlike some, I like to read the quests I receive. I would like for Blizzard to implement a "safegaurd" in place that if you are reading the quest, you should not be able to be attacked. Once you click accept, you are fair game. I DO NOT like to be killed while reading a quest. Hope this sounds like as good of an idea that I think it is.

+ Reply to Thread