Thread: Loot System Explained In Detail

Loot System Explained In Detail

So here's GC's blog on the new loot system. Frankly, I think the QQ caused by LFR has taken the whole loot distribution issue to new heights of absurdity. People are so damned concerned about loot distribution in LFR (of all places) that it is beyond comprehension - it's just stupid talk at this point. I'd prefer them to address the loot tables in normal/heroic so we don't go months without seeing a shield off Blackthorn or the two hander off Madness.

The Valor Point idea is interesting, but I do like picking up some gear from vendors at times.

Anyway enjoy - hopefully, this is the end of the LFR loot distribution discussions.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/395...7_03_2012#blog

I really like the valor point idea! I think the vendor looting was a really stale and uncreative system.

Must there really be such an obsession with getting certain loot when it's not really hardblocking progress not getting it? As GC says the whole idea with the loot system is not for it to be as effective as possible. This is more of a offical forum deal tho than here.

The spectra between win and loss makes both extremes have more of an impact. Surely it's not too wide as it is now?

The only thing I think they should implement is simply the chance to refuse a main spec item to get a roll for an off-spec.
    Right now, there is a shortage of healers in LFR (atleast in my battle group) simply because it's not interesting to heal LFR.
    Yet I know a Paladin that comes as Holy, simply because he knows that with only 2 tanks in LFR, he still gets a shot at (his main spec) Protection drops. With the new system, this Paladin would not be enticed to queue up as healer for LFR and frankly, I don't think even a CtA bag in LFR would fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

If the bosses drop tokens (unlike BH) then at least you have a chance for OS tier.

Not bad, we will like it i guess :P