+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PST Episode 71 - Extended MoP Q&A!

PST Episode 71 - Extended MoP Q&A!

This week:
    0:37 - How do you feel about the Warlock tanking glyph?
    6:09 - What happened to the "stats squish" in MoP?
    12:52 - Are you looking forward to the rehashed SM and Scholo?
    15:43 - How will class balance work out in challenge modes?
    22:09 - How will Charms of Good Fortune work in future tiers?
    28:30 - Why does old content have to become irrelevant?
    35:05 - Will the new LFR loot system make it harder to get offspec gear?
    38:03 - How will the new LFR system handle duplicate items?
    47:30 - Should it be applied to normal and heroic modes also?
    54:26 - Why did Blizzard "spoil" the ending of Mists of Pandaria?
    58:52 - Are you worried about the lack of information regarding raids at the press event?
    1:02:50 - How will the 14 bosses in tier 14 compare to Firelands or Dragon Soul?
    1:07:41 - How will Charms of Good Fortune work in normal/heroic raids?
    1:10:37 - What will be the main "hub" area in MoP?
    1:13:12 - Any idea what tier token the Monk will be on?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Lore, you're great and awesome, I love your shows. Iv'e been watching since Marmot #1. Please, I've told you at three different Blizzcons, figure out how to get your stuff on intunes. Gamebreaker does it, MikeB, etc. I turn on my itunes and it automatically downloads their shows. I can then listen to them on the radio in my car, etc. Please get with them and get this set up! <3

I sincerely hope for some token reshuffling. My guild is cursed. Since Cata hit we've had almost nothing but Vanquisher tokens. We've been clearing DS since the week it hit, we have a Priest wearing FL legs, a paladin wearing FL legs and helm, another priest in almost full raid finder, I have FL shoulders still. I think we have around 6 heroic conqueror pieces in the entire guild.

Meanwhile our rogues, druids, mages and DKs have so much the tokens are being left on corpses.

I generally like my RNG looting, I'd dislike just buying the gear, but our luck with tier tokens is driving me mad.

0:37 - so basically warlock "tanks" will be sub par and no one will want sub par tanks, like warlock void glyph in WoTLK...lol warlock firestomes in BC anyone?
    6:09 - don't care
    12:52 - don't care
    15:43 - If gold modes are very class restrictive wouldn't that just disallow some classes to get their rewards from achieving gold? what if my mains that class?
    22:09 - cut out speculation and simplify answer to "ya, that could be broken..."
    28:30 - answer: NO and link to a previous marmots/PST's explanaition. no repeat questions pls
    35:05 - wasted 8 min. on a 15 sec answer
    38:03 - don't care
    47:30 - random loot still sux...
    58:52 - go watch legendary
    1:02:50 - *shudders* bad memories from 4.1, filler bosses? what happened to trash?
    1:07:41 - oh man, explanation #6
    1:10:37 - Good Question, good answer...maybe a little long
    1:13:12 - *fell asleep*, PST is so long

How will Charms of Good Fortune work in future tiers?

Heres the answer :P They dont always drop loot so problem solved. Seeing as you can get flasks, gems, and gold from them also I cant really see it being too much of an issue unless you literally have 20+ assuming you get a 20% chance for loot thats only 4-5 extra pieces of gear. On top of that you actually have to down the boss first before you can use it, AND THEN you can only use one per boss (assumption) so at max you will only be able to use 14 on a full clear and at 20% youre looking at roughly 3 pieces of gear extra. Thats not game breakingly OP especially seeing as once you get to heroics and youve used them all up youre kinda SOL. If you wait till you get to heroic first then youre setting yourself back from the rest. This may be kind of an issue when it comes to tip top heroic groups who full clear first night and then work on heroics the next week, but other than that I dont see this being too much of an issue.

PS if you want to do those dailies EVERY day for 2-3 months while you have a raid on farm, waiting for the next tier and you have that much dedication then so be it, congrats to you!
    Awwww Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatlreach View Post
    0:37 - so basically warlock "tanks" will be sub par and no one will want sub par tanks, like warlock void glyph in WoTLK...lol warlock firestomes in BC anyone?
    6:09 - don't care
    12:52 - don't care
    15:43 - If gold modes are very class restrictive wouldn't that just disallow some classes to get their rewards from achieving gold? what if my mains that class?
    22:09 - cut out speculation and simplify answer to "ya, that could be broken..."
    28:30 - answer: NO and link to a previous marmots/PST's explanaition. no repeat questions pls
    35:05 - wasted 8 min. on a 15 sec answer
    38:03 - don't care
    47:30 - random loot still sux...
    58:52 - go watch legendary
    1:02:50 - *shudders* bad memories from 4.1, filler bosses? what happened to trash?
    1:07:41 - oh man, explanation #6
    1:10:37 - Good Question, good answer...maybe a little long
    1:13:12 - *fell asleep*, PST is so long
    HI!

You may not know me, but I'm Krenian, your friendly moderator here, to let you know that comments like this? Not appreciated one bit! If you don't like PST, you could have said in the terms of 'Lore, your PST was too long for my liking and the topics did not touch on some of the stuff but blah blah blah."

You sound like you just don't like this week's PST. Perhaps the best case in this situation is to actually just say that you didn't like the questions asked or better yet: not be a jerk and try to be cool at it.

Note that being jerky in these necks of the woods will most likely get your posts reported and deleted. How about you cheer up a little bit and just shrug off the PST if you're so unhappy with it and just..yanno..be a bit smarter than using the words 'don't care'.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I definitely should've been writing down things I wanted to reply with as the show was going instead of now trying to remember it all at the end, but oh well.

I hope Warlocks do not get some way to actually be tanks, it seems unnecessary, simply because they're already adding Monks to be balanced around with other tanks, DPS and healers, adding another tank on top of that seems like it would make a mess of things at the start of release, which might not get resolved for a while. If anything, shaman are already currently closer to having a tank spec with certain Enh talents, along with rockbiter and it's taunt through UE.

I really hope they put something in place to stop duplicate items in LFR, because not only would it frustrate that person, but also everyone else when the chat log puts out, for example "Bloodglas receives [Rockhide Bracers]", and then people see that, inspect the person and find out, not only did that person get picked over them to be given loot, but it was completely wasted because the person that did get picked got a duplicate.

I've had an idea for a while that the tokens should be sorted by the armor class used by the classes (Warrior, Paladin, DK together, etc.) just because I've felt that the token is more of a structure that you turn in to have the vendors make your gear on top of for you, and going that route it makes sense for all the plate to be on one, and mail on another and so forth. Definitely would be best for all tokens to be balanced like the way you came up with of manoeuvring them slightly.

Don't remember anything else I wanted to add now, unfortunately. Just hoping the other classes will get a bunch of nice cosmetic glyphs like Paladins are.

Lore: re: keying for next tiers, what do you think about "flagging" or "draging" people into the next instance. In everquest if you weren't flagged, you could be pulled into an instance that you weren't keyed for anyways if you had enough people in your group that were keyed. So say it's 30% of your raid can be not keyed, so if you're a 10 man guild, if 7 people are keyed then you can bring in 3 people that aren't, if you're 25 you only need about 18, etc. etc. And alternate ways to key, so like if you complete the current tier from being dragged, you're keyed anyways.

Anyways, just thoughts, but I really like "tiered" progression as opposed to "new patch! everything else no longer matters"
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I don't buy Blizz's and your explanation. Why not make a big announcement and make it like a must read like the ToS or bnet Account merge ... so everyone knows what happens, FiX !
    Because if not, I take it as Blizzard doesn't care about the people that demand this stats squish.

can you still trade loot in lfr/normal/heroics? in MoP?

The way LFR is currently working, and will be, is making sure that offspecs are not wearing epic loot without having the skills.... Offspec gear is hard to get unless you play in the offspec. When MOP drops, if you do not LFR in offspec, you will not get the gear. Think of it as practice in L2P of the offspec mechanics. LFR should be treated as "Slacker/ Kinder" raid, and have different rules from the regular/ heroic "regular and gifted" raids. Heck I would consider it the Learn To Raid level of raiding, replacing the Karazan, Matheridon, Gruul progression of burning crusade.......

The tokens of elder, charm of fortune question= a little early to be thinking about this, it isn't out of beta much less given a chance for testing. I see the token situation as getting snarled and tangled again. I like the charm of good fortune concept, but should you be able to accumulate daily quest tokens of a lower teir to buy a higher tier's Charm of fortunes? I would say no, I would also tend to lean toward making charm of good fortune "Bankable", only able to carry 1 charm at a time/ buy 1 charm a day or some such limitation to eliminate the exploit you mentioned to gain gear with excessive speed.

I do wish that they chose not to leak a spoiler like garrosh, but to say, "We know who the final boss is going to be, but it would spoil the fun if we gave it away. Let's just say that he is already well known and already has a certain amount of love and hate associated with him" and enjoy the raging speculation.........

Quote Originally Posted by worgick View Post
    The way LFR is currently working, and will be, is making sure that offspecs are not wearing epic loot without having the skills.... Offspec gear is hard to get unless you play in the offspec. When MOP drops, if you do not LFR in offspec, you will not get the gear. Think of it as practice in L2P of the offspec mechanics.
    This is a good point.

I have noticed that I see players needing on offspec gear (especially tank/heal gear) in 5 mans and now it appears they want to do the same in Raid Finder.

That begs the question as to where and when exactly they intend to use this gear for the first time??? I mean will their guild seriously let them strap on the gear and use it for the first time when stood in front of a raid boss in Normal/HC???

With offspec so easily obtainable from rep, crafting and of course surplus JP earned by your mainspec, I have often questioned why people need on low end offspec gear when not playing that role. If they have a desire to play that spec and given that queues are shorter, why don't they actually run the easy mode content in that spec so they learn how to play it? I have rolled offspecs on all my toons at one time or another and not once did I need to take offspec loot from a dungeon before I could play the role.

Also: 47:30 - Curious as to why Lore doesn't think or rather didn't consider that the LFR loot system could be a loot “option” for organised raids. Why assume everything has to be mandatory? We have a loot menu after all. I can list many reasons why the lower end organised guilds I started out in would much rather use this system instead of /roll or DKP. The latter two caused us a huge deal of problems and drama in so many situations that are too numerous to list. If I could go back all those years to when I was an officer trying to handle all these issues I would bite Blizzards arm off for the "option" of using the LFR system.

Quote Originally Posted by Toypop View Post

That begs the question as to where and when exactly they intend to use this gear for the first time??? I mean will their guild seriously let them strap on the gear and use it for the first time when stood in front of a raid boss in Normal/HC???
    With some smaller guilds, like ours, the answer to this, unfortunatly is yes. Sometimes when you're strapped for people it becomes necessary for certain players to gear out an OS. I do it; especially on my DK for the one tank fights. I will fully admit I suck at melee dps, but am getting better as experiment with my rotation.

Blizz is also forcing this on short roster guilds with one tank/two heal fights in 10 mans. That said, I tend to run LFR and any heroics in my toons' OS to experitment and learn.

I think there is a need for blizzard to maintain system of players that win the loot roll in LFR to recieve a duplicate item. Every player would love to win their best in slot the first time around, but if that were to occur on a consistent basis players would lose that satisfaction of winning the lottery. The other reason is if everyone gears up really quickly why keep playing. I feel there would be a strange burnout among players from gearing up too quickly especially if offspec items were unavailable.

Ok let me start with the Charm of Good fortune question.

There are two ways I look at this, first, is it a problem like valor is? No. Why? because with valor you get loot with a 100% chance (I mean.. you buy it (in the current model, I know in MOP that changes)) as for charms? Most of the times you get gold and other stuff. So its different.

Still if they want to reset it, its easy to do. Make it as a new token from the new daily zone. They already add new dailys, or Am I wrong? Due to PC problems didn't play most of Cata so I may be wrong on this. But firelands had molten front dailys and it had different tokens to get the new gear right? so add the charm to it. No idea if 4.3 ad new dailys though.

I mean, when a new tier comes, why would you want to still have to do the old dailys you have already been doing for so long? that would suck. So just make a new daily hub (which actually make sense with the new "each patch has a new storyline") and drop new tokens that you use to buy the new ilvl gear and the charm.

To me it makes sense, what do you guys think? if they see it as a problem that is. But even if they don't, its cool to be able to get it from new dailys and not have to do the same dailys for the whole expansion...

The possible problem is then you have 3 different charms (if they do 3 raid tears) for that, but it doesn't seam like a big deal to me. Delete them on the 6.0 since they're useless.

As for LFR/world bosses loot system (it is also for world bosses right? they said that somewhere.. but now I'm not sure anymore) it would be nice to have that as a loot option for pugs. but its not something I would say must be done.

Nice PST Lore, tons on info, thanks for the hardwork! cheers

for LFR rolls, they should make a window POP when you win an item before you loot it. IT would give you the option "do you want that item or do you want 250g instead". So if you just want to roll to "win" and don't really want that item you can chose to pass to the next highest person and take the gold. Could be a good idea.

I think for charms the simplest solution would be to put a cooldown on charms so that they reset on Tuesdays similarly to raid lockouts. So everyone can only use 1 per a week, at any time during the week, and will have to wait till the next lockout to use another.

That way stockpiling just makes it so you don't have to do as many dailies in the future but doesn't give you a HUGE advantage in the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    HI!

You may not know me, but I'm Krenian, your friendly moderator here, to let you know that comments like this? Not appreciated one bit! If you don't like PST, you could have said in the terms of 'Lore, your PST was too long for my liking and the topics did not touch on some of the stuff but blah blah blah."

You sound like you just don't like this week's PST. Perhaps the best case in this situation is to actually just say that you didn't like the questions asked or better yet: not be a jerk and try to be cool at it.

Note that being jerky in these necks of the woods will most likely get your posts reported and deleted. How about you cheer up a little bit and just shrug off the PST if you're so unhappy with it and just..yanno..be a bit smarter than using the words 'don't care'.
    Acknowledged

Justto remind you of 4.1 (tier 11). 6 BWD bosses, 5 BOT bosses (counting with sinestra hc only), 2 TotFW bosses, and plus Argaloth in Baradin Hold. So 6+5+2+1 = 14 boss fights in Tier 11. Consedering tier 11 (myself) as the best patch of cataclysm I hope MOP 5.1 will be just as good, but I wouldn't put that much ephasys in this, once it was done the last expansion (cata).

Quote Originally Posted by Rawer View Post
    I don't buy Blizz's and your explanation. Why not make a big announcement and make it like a must read like the ToS or bnet Account merge ... so everyone knows what happens, FiX !
    Because if not, I take it as Blizzard doesn't care about the people that demand this stats squish.

I've played the game for 7 years and I've never read the ToS. In the world of the pop-up ads everywhere, you could make a huge message when you start the game and A) 50% of people still wouldn't read it, and B) another 50% of those that did read it probably wouldn't understand what they meant.

The other explanation that I don't remember if he touched on here but they talked about in Legendary, is that they didn't want to do too much. They're already revamping the talent systems in a MAJOR way. And revamping how a lot of stuff works. They didn't want to nerf damage on top of it and have people go "waaaaahhhh the new talents suck I do no damage now!!!"
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread