Thread: "Easy Mode" ret pally rotation glyph

"Easy Mode" ret pally rotation glyph

Looks like the "training wheels/easy mode" rotation helper glyph made it into the beta for ret pallys: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/63225-glyph-of-inquisition

I would assume its a dps loss to take it and no min/maxer is going to touch it, but I do know Lore did a Marmot/PST on the subject so I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion now that it made it into the beta. I'll certainly recommend it to people starting out at max level doing dungeons or LFR to help them learn the class. Although maybe I'd be doing them a dis-service by doing so since they'll have to adjust later without it if they want to get serious about raiding.

PS: Bubble hearth back ftw! <3 <3 http://www.wowdb.com/spells/115933-g...us-retreat-nyi

Edit: If someone can't see wowdb, the glyph for inquisition is basically, "Reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 10% but increases its duration by 100%."
    Last edited by Pallie; 03-22-2012 at 09:21 AM.

People can seriously bring up wowdb my web browsers all get massive errors or crash my computer every time I try to go to it.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

It's definitely a DPS loss to take it, Ret has no shortage of Holy Power since Judgement, Exorcism, and Hammer of Wrath all generate it.

So it's just there for the more relaxed raider who isn't worried about getting top parses and doesn't want to have to think about it as much.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I haven't made it into beta yet, nor have I done tons of research on the new paladin talents, but will the spell priority/rotation change much due to the glyph and talent changes for ret pallys? My pally is still a level 70, but I am having a hard time maxing his dps at the moment. I seemed to like playing the ret pally more in wotlk, and since they changed quite a few things with the judgements and such, it was like having the scroll of resurrection and using it on a level 1 paladin to bring him to 80 and then being clueless as to how to play the class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven2012 View Post
    I haven't made it into beta yet, nor have I done tons of research on the new paladin talents, but will the spell priority/rotation change much due to the glyph and talent changes for ret pallys? My pally is still a level 70, but I am having a hard time maxing his dps at the moment. I seemed to like playing the ret pally more in wotlk, and since they changed quite a few things with the judgements and such, it was like having the scroll of resurrection and using it on a level 1 paladin to bring him to 80 and then being clueless as to how to play the class/spec.
    I don't think the glyph changes the rotation significantly. You just have to cast inqusition once a minue instead of every 30 seconds(rough numbers, I don't play ret). I'd classify this as 'less annoying' more than 'faceroll/easy'. As Lore did mention they are giving you more ways to generate HoPo so that should make the spec a little more intuitive and fun in MoP.

The rotation does change a bit in MoP, but that's mostly due to the loss of Holy Wrath and Consecration (and the higher income of HP). It seems like haste is a lot more important now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    It's definitely a DPS loss to take it, Ret has no shortage of Holy Power since Judgement, Exorcism, and Hammer of Wrath all generate it.

So it's just there for the more relaxed raider who isn't worried about getting top parses and doesn't want to have to think about it as much.
    Makes more sense if you ask me. Inquisition uptime is one less thing a player should have to worry about, and 10% damage loss is minimal. I think this glyph will have more use on an encounter by encounter basis, even in a more casual friendly game. If there are fights with movement, target switching and downtime between generating Holy Power, I could see this glyph being more effective then for fights where you are on the boss for the majority of the fight.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Lots of moving around/downtime would actually make the glyph less effective, since you wouldn't even be benefiting from the increased uptime :P

It'll be a universal loss in DPS, I don't really see any situation in which an extra 30 seconds before refreshing Inq is going to be worth a ~6% damage loss the entire time.

To be honest, I'd rather they just have the glyph just increase the duration of Inquisition based on the number of charges of Holy Power used to activate the ability, unless the current haste values are literally going to double in order to reduce the cooldown of Crusader Strike through a passive Sanctity of Battle talent. If they want to improve the Inquisition management so that players aren't feeling like they are being constantly worked to keep it active since it's a considerable DPS loss, having Crusader Strike uses more often to generate Holy Power is the real way to go, and haste value improvement would change that.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart