Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Protection Warriors?

I am Stacking mastery. I am almsot expertise hard capped. I use the DPS Tier legs and take the other tank tier bits for the 4 set, i use Keen in orange sockets, fractured in yellow sockets and puissant in blue sockets
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thanks.

So far the hardest thing I've found about patch 5 is untraining my heroic strike/cleave reflex while tanking, but keeping it going for fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelsize View Post
    So far the hardest thing I've found about patch 5 is untraining my heroic strike/cleave reflex while tanking, but keeping it going for fury.
    I had HR/Cleave bound to my mousewheel up/down. All I did was change it to shield block/barrier instead so it's useful. The bonus is that I was waiting until 60 rage before to HS, so it works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The main problem i'm having is where i'm going to put all thease extra buttton, i used to have a lot of stance depednant macros, so what Revenge in def stance was CS in battle stance, etc now its never worth me chaning stance i'm kinda having to find more key binds
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I had the same issue teng. I ended up making a hidden bar and putting all my mouse keybinds on there just to make room on my actual bar for the extras. I ended up binding shield slam / devastate to mouse up/down with a mod condition to also pummel. Then most of my mouse buttons are delegated to heroic leap/rocket jump/intervene, spell reflect, victory rush, heroic strike / cleave macro, hamstring. Cleaned up my main bar for most of the extra stuff.

HS/Cleave IS my mousewheel, it's literally saved me from carpal tunnel. I've had a double bar + extra mouse buttons setup for quite a while, and I have about enough keybinds for everything, although I'm not sure where to put the various banners when 87 beckons.

1-6, z, x, r, f, c, v and shift combinations are good for 24 buttons, plus mousewheel up/down, mousewheel click (heroic leap) and shift+mousewheel click (gnome racial), and once I replace my fallen Imperator (Naga buttons just aren't comfortable for me) I get two thumb buttons plus shift combinations back.

I mouseover heal on a disc priest alt, so I found keeping q and e as strafe and and d keyboard turn was helpful since I found it useful to change my character's facing (albeit a bit more slowly) without involving my mouse. I also find the keyboard turn rate + strafe perfect for turning a boss without moving it.

For out of combat stuff or camera adjustments I use alt-shift-old keybind.

The patch killed the charge+rend macro, but I have charge + hamstring just in case. I also had to rewrite most of my macros to eliminate the stance logic, and write a battle/berserker toggle for dps.

Anyways, I found it useful to keep hs/cleave mousewheel bound since it's still a rage dump in fury, and the random nature of procs for protection meant that I was still using it independent of my normal rotation, one of the reasons I really liked it there in the first place. z has always been my short cooldown button, so it's shield block in prot and colossus smash for dps. In any case, no matter where I had my binds, I would have had to retrain my muscle memory since I was especially used to cleaving with abandon during aoe.

Anyways where I was getting is with the mouse binds is it works out to almost three full bars worth of binds to have all of the abilities readily available, plus the standard command rebinds.