+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: O hai Tankspot!

O hai Tankspot!

Hi all,

Just poppin' in to see what has been happening with TankSpot. I doubt any of you remember me, but I was a fairly active member back when TankSpot first switched to the look it has now. But shortly after that I left WoW to buckle down through some issues in my life, and thus left TankSpot.

I can't help but notice that Ciderhelm and Aliena are no longer part of the site. Did they leave to do other things? Or did ZAM give them the boot? I am glad that Lore is still here and the website still appears to be somewhat healthy. Also, what happened to Satrina?

At any rate, after skipping Cataclysm for the most part, I am somewhat pleased by what I am seeing regarding MoP, so I figured I would rejoin the TankSpot community to participate in the MoP discussion. I'm glad to see that some of the old mods are still around and active, as well as some of the other members. And even though it seems that the forum activity has decreased a bit, the discussions still seem somewhat intelligent. So for the moment, I am happy to be back!

And with that, I have a question. For those currently in the game, do you believe it is worth it to come back to the game for the end of Cataclysm? Or should I just sit tight for the possibility of coming back for MoP?

Hey Helgi,

Okay first off, being new to the site, but not the game my opinion may or may not be received well.

I took a break from the game due to a deployment to Afghanistan during the WotLK era and stayed away from the game a bit until just after Cataclysm was released. I made one toon level 80 while I still played but he was the only one. I am glad to have done it though (so the race to hit 85 wasn't as bad) and I was capable enough to get him rolling again relatively soon after I returned.

I think the opinions to be had about cataclysm have their merits (Both good and bad ones) but unless you can get a good running start in MoP, Maybe the idea of returning just before the release wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if you want to experience the content right away or try to get into raiding as soon as possible.

That's just my opinion though... Also with the scroll of resurrection being revamped, you could get a boost on another character to level 80 and just have that 'one more' toon that maybe you always wanted to try with the new system in place or the new one ahead.

Take it easy!

The Scroll of Resurrection being revamped is uhhh... pretty much amazing, but it won't help me very much. I already own all of the expansions to-date, and all of the classes I have interest in are level 80 or higher.

As far as my experience in Cataclysm goes, I already have two level 85 characters, and I played about a month and a half around the release of 4.2. Therefore I've already seen most of the content already, with the exception of the raids and the new stuff that was released in 4.3. So I guess the real question is if the 4.3 content is worth the reactivation or not.

I obviously haven't decided yet if I am going to go after MoP or not, as I just don't know enough about it yet. But if I do, I will probably reactivate a week or two before hand just to get my affairs in order.

So far it is looking promising, particularly because there is no major antagonist. One of my biggest frustrations with the previous expansions was that I could never devote the sheer volume of time required to defeat the main bosses (ie. Deathwing / Lich King / Illidan Stormrage). So I felt like I was playing the game for nothing. MoP, however, is more returning to the vanilla feel with no main antagonist. BUT, we'll see.

Now that there is Looking for Raid, you can quite simply sign up, ten minutes later you are in the first half of Dragon Soul which is completed in about 45 minutes. Then you sign up for the second half, less than an hour later you have killed Deathwing.

Well, my understanding is that Cider and Aliena aren't playing WoW, both for a personal reason. Locate Ciderhelm's blog (not the one on this site) and you can find out why, he made a post about it and it seems many people are not aware as to why Aliena kinda vanished.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Aliena still plays WoW, FYI.

Cider doesn't.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Ciderhelm's blog hasn't had a post in about 5ish months either. I don't think that he's playing games much at all anymore. Or, if he is, he quit blogging about it. :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ciderhelm

is what ciderhelm is playing now. Spams my youtube feed with Mass Effect and LoL videos

http://ciderhelm.com/

^ that's what he's up to now.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ciderhelm

is what ciderhelm is playing now. Spams my youtube feed with Mass Effect and LoL videos
    Ahh, he's just not posting on his blog about it. :P

Babies have this habit of cutting into your playtime.

Might be why you don't see much on the blog anymore. Follow him on Twitter @Ciderhelm and you're going to see tons of updates of what he does lol Mostly LoL and lately ME3, as indicated.

Tankspot Moderator

I do kind of wonder what happened to Satrina and Satorri though... they just kinda disappeared.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I do kind of wonder what happened to Satrina and Satorri though... they just kinda disappeared.
    I was thinking about those 2 the other day. Mostly because I tried to install Satrina Buff Frames and get them to work, but they wouldn't. haha

Satorri I still see very rarely on Facebook/Twitter. He's moved on to other things.

Satrina? Prolly doing some crazy coding and annoyed with how Ottawa is slacking in the last 10 games of the season. I lost touch with him.

Tankspot Moderator

If you see Satorri again, tell him I miss him and I'm finally exercising again!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    If you see Satorri again, tell him I miss him and I'm finally exercising again!
    He posts a ton of stuff on twitter mainly, pretty philosophical stuff.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

I did some digging and figured some stuff out...

Aliena, Ciderhelm, and someone named Bluedot (didn't know him) were all terminated by ZAM back in October. Lore was promoted to site director after that. I am not surprised they removed Ciderhelm, as around the time I left the site, he was no longer playing WoW and was struggling to find the time to do everything he wanted to do. Plus now that he has a kid there would be no way he would have the time. Kids are evil money-sucking time-grubbing biological creatures.

But I am rather surprised Aliena was removed as well. Apparently she also left WoW around the same time she left TankSpot, but just recently started getting back into the game.

Satrina left simply because he stopped playing the game, and realized there was no point in feeling obligated to code addons for a game he wasn't even playing.

Satorri? No idea. Probably just simply moved on to other things.

As for the new LFR system. I guess the biggest question is.... does it work?

Depends on your definition of "work." Can you hit a queue button and within 20 minutes go into a 25 man "raid instance" and kill 4 bosses that drop loot. Yes, absolutely.

yeah so the absolute run down is.

ciderhelm/aliena left the site to pursue their own endeavors, aliena is back to raiding in wow recently, but ciderhelm hasn't had the time and has quit both wow and his subsequent post wow journey through Rift, and is now focused on his book for League of Legends. (check out his youtube channel linked in one of the above posts, very informative stuff).

Satorri, as leethaxor states, is around and still very active, just not in WoW persay, but he is readily available via his twitter.

Satrina has disappeared off the face of the earth. He stayed around for a long time keeping Satrina Buff Frames up to date, but he simply lost his love for the game and eventually maintaining a mod for said game, and we haven't heard from him in a while, but he does sometimes lurk in the admin forums from time to time. Most of his original findings is what made tankspot what it is, and largely still hold themselves to be true despite many mechanical changes to the game.

Krenian the angry canadien is still here however (unfortunately).

I am still here, swinging my hammer, and crying over pvp.

and of course Lore is still around putting out content regularly as if some sort of zombie hairy robot who doesn't need sleep.

Papapaint joined a band and has been getting some success, and has put down both Forum Junkies and WoW to pursue this life long dream of his.

Darksend is a very angry Bear still, so yeah.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Kaz do you know the name of Papapaint's band? I must hear his amazing voice moar (please tell me hes vocals)
    Last edited by captanmurdoc; 03-22-2012 at 04:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread