+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nerf tomorrow ??

Nerf tomorrow ??

Just had some guy in /2 telling me there is another 5% nerf tomorrow anyone heard about this ?

Until a Blizzard Poster announces it, consider it misinformation.

Seeing as we just got 10% last week they should give us another week at 10%
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Until a Blizzard Poster announces it, consider it misinformation.
    Fetzie's correct, imo.
    I wouldn't expect it. They've been good about giving 1-2 weeks notice on changes.

Probably someone complaining trolling you with it to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Seeing as we just got 10% last week they should give us another week at 10%
    All the weeks blending together or something? We've had 10% for at least 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    All the weeks blending together or something? We've had 10% for at least 2 weeks.

15% coming next week, March 26th. That seemed really fast.

http://eu.battle.net//wow/en/blog/3899863

Wohoo, maybe this will help kill Blackhorn heroic (i hate this boss)

We finally got H Ultra last night - beat him at the 5:18 mark - cut it real close. I know from healing that fight on my pally that by 5:15 the damage starts to ramp up and by 5:30 it's slightly insane. DK healing can be pretty amazing - I did 1.4 million healing and of that 640k was Blood Shield absorbs - and I was timing Rune Tap based on my damage and the raid damage and not just hitting it whenever it came off CD - or I could have squeezed out a bit more.

The 15% will help us a great deal the rest of the way.

I am really saddened by the 15%, we had a long roadbump on Blackhorn due to having to replace just over 1/4th of our roster because they didn't like being told they needed to improve lol...We have an outside shot at spine this week but would have gotten it next for sure without the nerf =(. Personally I think they should have been looking about 6 weeks apart for the first 3 increases then drop it to 4 weeks...although I think anything over 15% is way too much, yes they had 30% in ICC but there is not a Heroic Lich King this tier(or this xpac imo).
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

This % buff is real neat. I just scroll'd from being inactive since july and my 10 day old mage got to experience 8/8 1/8 in pugs without too much commitment, any my main warrior who's still in firelands gear can down em all in pugs. Hoping to down 5/8 or 6/8 HM before may 15th diablo 3 debut.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    This % buff is real neat. I just scroll'd from being inactive since july and my 10 day old mage got to experience 8/8 1/8 in pugs without too much commitment, any my main warrior who's still in firelands gear can down em all in pugs. Hoping to down 5/8 or 6/8 HM before may 15th diablo 3 debut.
    That's my problem with the nerf.....people who play casually and a normal pug will be able to kill multiple heroic mode bosses due to the nerf....I mean supposedly the reason for Heroic modes is that it is content for those who want the game too hard....and the crap about turning it off don't even get me started on that lol.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledknight View Post
    That's my problem with the nerf.....people who play casually and a normal pug will be able to kill multiple heroic mode bosses due to the nerf....I mean supposedly the reason for Heroic modes is that it is content for those who want the game too hard....and the crap about turning it off don't even get me started on that lol.
    Eh, I'm all for it too...though we have killed 8/8 hm. We barely have any motivation to farm at this point...15% may or may not bring it down to the point where it's worth the time...we'll see.

That's my problem with the nerf.....people who play casually and a normal pug will be able to kill multiple heroic mode bosses due to the nerf....
    Not on my server. Even with the nerf Heroics are still hard for the casual or the undisciplined pug. Plus the beta is out and things are winding down; in about 3 months or so, if past is prologue regarding expac release timing, heroic purples will be vendor trash in favor of quest greens and blues. It's also nice to see people coming back.

I need to revise my statement from earlier today: I now hope the 15% debuff will help with heroic spine :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    I need to revise my statement from earlier today: I now hope the 15% debuff will help with heroic spine :P
    As somebody who killed it pre-nerf we kinda just faceroll it, like we don't even specialize comp any more its just lolspine
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

After about 5 attempts we were getting to the second tendon, corruptions dying just right, dispelling seems to work but bloody hell you get a lot of bloods.

1% of the raiding population gets their 3-4 months of fun(population, not guilds).
    99% of the raiding population gets their 3-4 months of fun after yours, at that point I'd hope you're 8/8, if not then you needed those nerfs anyway.

Back in BC the vast majority of guilds went 3/4 5/6 for 6+ months with no breakthrough(assuming they didn't die), blizzard gave them a bone by removing attunements and they become 4/5 4/9 guilds with 6 months of little or no improvement(until they died or when the final BC patch came in). That's not a better system.

Having such stagnation promoted guild poaching and people just hopping off when times hit hard, the top 1% would just replace their "bored" members who got loot trained by stealing the mid level guilds, who get loot trained then leave, then steal again. With the % system you'll have people think "I won't bother guild hopping, in a month or two we'll catch up to them and I get to keep all my rankings/friends/dkp/whatever".
    Last edited by gacktt; 03-23-2012 at 06:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread