Thread: Welcome to the MoP Discussion Forum!

Welcome to the MoP Discussion Forum!

We're all very excited for Mists of Pandaria here, and with the press NDA lifting tonight, we thought it'd be a good idea to give the expansion its' own place here on the forums. Any MoP-related topics, whether they be talent changes, the new Monk class, Pet Battles, or whatever else you happen to feel like discussing, are fair game here! Enjoy
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

First!

In all seriousness, I am very excited about MoP and the Press Event NDA being lifted tomorrow. The female Panderan model (specifically the color) is not something I am looking forward to, though. I am very excited about how that Tauren looked in one of the screenies Blizz posted and am hopeful for updated character models for older races. It didn't look like the skeleton had been updated, just the skin, but that's alright with me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to what people have to say here!

I'm also very excited to be awaiting the new arrival of this here expansion, among others, I'm also very please and very curious to the direction of where the game is headed, I mean, MoP will be introducing WoW anew but I can't help think that from this point, that it's a sink or swim scenario, I mean, from Classic and Burning Crusade, it was definitely a recognition and prestigious time and with WotLK, it made the game more casual friendly, with Cataclysm, my own opinion is that Blizzard were trying to balance both casual and prestigious, which can be done (I believe anyway but it does have to be precise) but is near impossible so if they manage that in MoP then my hat is off to Blizzard.

However, MoP will just be as excited, regardless, it'll make everything brand new and that's what I'm look forward to, I mean, new battle system sounds cool, no flying till 90? Brilliant! A chance to show off those ground mounts you've been collecting and even better if it matched your transmog gear (or uniform if your guild has made one from it to be recognized by) Panda as a neutral until 10 and many more! I'm really intrigued by this, just the "brand new", will be the carrot on a stick for me, BUT my curious mind lurks the question: "How will this fit? How will all this relate? Will everything work well all together?" (I know, there's 3, quite similar questions but they aren't lol).
    Last edited by Lirron; 03-18-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake!

Lore I almost messaged you for PST! You said (on legendary i think) that WoW basically wont be able to do anything significant enough to attract new players. Having obviously now been at the press event and having had time to reflect on your comments, do you still agree with that? There must have been some people joining upon the launch of new expansions, I was one of them and I couldn't have been alone. I think that if this expansion is everything it was promised to be and with some of the abilities and talents for some classes looking very exciting, we should see at least some ex-players return if not (many) new ones.
    What do you guys think?

The way I see that, I mean, to answer your question, if it looks promising, then we could see a mixture of old players coming back to experience MoP, but MoP being an expansion, it's more than likely going to attract new players, the one thing that always strikes me as a re-occurring thing in any MMO is subscriber loss, but thankfully, WoW hasn't lost a significant amount to have stopped being a "thing", just because we had some losses doesn't mean we can't make up for it, so imo, I can definitely see old players re subscribing and new players joining, even now as we speak, I'm trying to recruit a friend of mine into playing >

I think they've done a good job on the Pandaran female model. When I first saw it, there was an eerie familiarity about it, which I couldn't put my finger on. It was bugging me for a while. Then I think it clicked: Princess Fiona (in ogre form) from Shrek. Amirite?

There are a ton of things in MoP that I want to dig into. Off the top of my head though, something that hasn't been mentioned much, is just how much more will we feel 'in the world'. With their preview of the Guild Perk system where Blizz said they're removing Have Group Will Travel, I understand why they would remove it, but to an extent they still need some systems in place to get around the world at a decent amount of time. A great current example would be how in 4.3 to reach the Dragonsoul instance you had to either fly down to Tanaris, get a summon, get HGWT, or portal to Dalaran to take another portal. It just seemed wierd. Also, aren't flying mounts just as much a culprit of staying out of the world as summons? If they want us truly in the world, they would have to remove summons, flight paths, and flying mounts, and just force us to ride our ground mounts. There is a part of me that is kind of ok with that, but at the same time it's a bit iffy. I just don't know the best solution for this.

Classes vs Characters/realm
    Previously there were ten of each. It worked rather nicely. Is there any discussion about changes or will those without empty character slots have to choose an alternate realm for their eleventh toon, our Pandern Monks?

You'll get an 11th slot according to the Press Release stuff (alteast that's what I read on MMO-C)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I think MoP would be excellent, it would definitely, imo, bring the community back by the way this is going, ah Classic, those were the days