+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question and Opinion please.

Question and Opinion please.

How often Protection Paladin and Bear Druid use Prismatic Elixir or Elixir of Deep Earth or Elixir of the Master?

Which class between Protection Paladin and Bear Druid get most benefit from Alchemy?

Wizard oil stack with another enchantments or not?

In you opinion between Protection Paladin and Bear Druid which one can solo Dungeons & Raids greater than another one?

Well, first off, nobody (to my knowledge) uses Deep Earth. DR on Armor makes it next to worthless, just like armor pots. As to master and prismatic, it depends on the gearing level and the fight. If a Paladin is just short of CTC, or wants to maintain CTC with a stamina trinket, they might use a master elixir. Other than that, they'd usually stick to a good old Steelskin. Druids on the other hand have no cap to where mastery becomes a useless stat to them, so you could see one popping a master elixir with a prismatic for a fight like H Yorsaj. But i think in both cases most people are just using a flask.

As to who will get the most benefit from alchemy, i would say Druid, though there isn't really much of a deciding factor.

IDK about wizard oil.

Soloing content..... I want to say Paladin, but i don't see Druids having any significant problems with it either.

Wasn't Wizard Oil removed in Wrath?

I used master's elixir and resist elixir in T11 to make myself CTC capped. Then I switched to stamina roll and resist elixir for fights that dictated it. Nowadays I just stick with the steelskin flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Well, first off, nobody (to my knowledge) uses Deep Earth. DR on Armor makes it next to worthless, just like armor pots. As to master and prismatic, it depends on the gearing level and the fight. If a Paladin is just short of CTC, or wants to maintain CTC with a stamina trinket, they might use a master elixir. Other than that, they'd usually stick to a good old Steelskin. Druids on the other hand have no cap to where mastery becomes a useless stat to them, so you could see one popping a master elixir with a prismatic for a fight like H Yorsaj. But i think in both cases most people are just using a flask.

As to who will get the most benefit from alchemy, i would say Druid, though there isn't really much of a deciding factor.

IDK about wizard oil.

Soloing content..... I want to say Paladin, but i don't see Druids having any significant problems with it either.
    Why Druids get the most benefit from alchemy?

Thank you.

Druid is a special case where their primary stat is actually something meaningful to them. For Death Knights, Paladins, and Warriors, Strength is just something that comes on your gear, you don't go out of your way for it. The plate tanks will primarily go for secondary stats. They favor professions which allow them the flexibility to choose a secondary stat as the bonus. Blacksmithing for example is an excellent profession for them because gems (extra sockets) don't have to be a primary stat. Leatherworking for example would be relatively weak for a plate tank because even though the wrist enchants are nice it doesn't have the same flexibility as Blacksmithing's extra sockets where it litterally could be any stat.

Druids are different because unlike the other tanks where Strength is just something you have on gear, for a Druid Agility is also your most valuable tanking stat (in general). Because of this Druids can generally have a wider array of professions because almost all professions allow for a flat number increase to your primary stat. Leatherworking is good cause they get more Agility on their bracer enchant. Enchanting is good cause they get more Agility on their rings. Inscription is good cause they get more Agility on their shoulders. Blacksmithing is good cause they get more Agility gems. Jewelcrafting is good (until Blizzard makes it bad in the final tier) cause they get more Agility out of their gems. Alchemy is good cause the get more Agility out of flasks. Get the picture?

For a Druid...
    Agility >>>>>> Everything Else

For a Plate Tank...
    Strength <<<<<< Everything Else

And just about any profession can buff primary stats such as Agility, Strength and Intellect. Relatively few professions however can benefit secondary stats such as Mastery.

Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, and Alchemy are the three professions with the most flexibility. BS and JC you can change what you gem to get different results. Alchemy you can change what flasks/elixirs you use to get different results. While all professions are tuned to be relatively equal the fact that some can benefit secondary stats and some can't is a big deal to specs where your primary stat isn't king.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

For the record, as a plate tank that uses alchemy, you can use the stam flask that gives you extra stam, if you already have full CTC then it's still really nice, but I agree it doesn't give you the flexibility of JC or BS, though JC is kind of in a weak spot right now due to epic gems clipping the benefit.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Druid is a special case where their primary stat is actually something meaningful to them. For Death Knights, Paladins, and Warriors, Strength is just something that comes on your gear, you don't go out of your way for it. The plate tanks will primarily go for secondary stats. They favor professions which allow them the flexibility to choose a secondary stat as the bonus. Blacksmithing for example is an excellent profession for them because gems (extra sockets) don't have to be a primary stat. Leatherworking for example would be relatively weak for a plate tank because even though the wrist enchants are nice it doesn't have the same flexibility as Blacksmithing's extra sockets where it litterally could be any stat.

Druids are different because unlike the other tanks where Strength is just something you have on gear, for a Druid Agility is also your most valuable tanking stat (in general). Because of this Druids can generally have a wider array of professions because almost all professions allow for a flat number increase to your primary stat. Leatherworking is good cause they get more Agility on their bracer enchant. Enchanting is good cause they get more Agility on their rings. Inscription is good cause they get more Agility on their shoulders. Blacksmithing is good cause they get more Agility gems. Jewelcrafting is good (until Blizzard makes it bad in the final tier) cause they get more Agility out of their gems. Alchemy is good cause the get more Agility out of flasks. Get the picture?

For a Druid...
    Agility >>>>>> Everything Else

For a Plate Tank...
    Strength <<<<<< Everything Else

And just about any profession can buff primary stats such as Agility, Strength and Intellect. Relatively few professions however can benefit secondary stats such as Mastery.

Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, and Alchemy are the three professions with the most flexibility. BS and JC you can change what you gem to get different results. Alchemy you can change what flasks/elixirs you use to get different results. While all professions are tuned to be relatively equal the fact that some can benefit secondary stats and some can't is a big deal to specs where your primary stat isn't king.
    That means Protection Paladin get benefit from Alchemy more than Bear Druid right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernoulliuz View Post
    That means Protection Paladin get benefit from Alchemy more than Bear Druid right?
    No. What they are saying is that bears benefit more from alchemy than the other 3 tank classes generally.
    Bears are strong.

+ Reply to Thread