+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue needs help :)

Rogue needs help :)

Hi I am combat spec rogue doing on average21-22k on a dummy and around 27-28k buffed up on morchok. in need of advice

My current rotation is ToT>garrote>snd>ssx4>rs>evise with ks on cd and adrenaline rush when bandits guile is 20% alongside krioptyric sigil use rupture when there is a 30% bleed in raid.

Here is armory link
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/G%C3%B3rkai/simple

and and all advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey Gorkai,

Well, first, sorry I never saw this... Been bouncing about between this and other sites...

A few questions though, please don't think of me as being patronizing:

First, are you raiding as a 10 man or 25 man group, and if 25 man, are you the only rogue there? (More morbid curiosity and general situational awareness.)

With SnD, are you hitting it constantly or are you effectively letting the CD get closer to expiration before refreshing it? (Essentially, are you pooling or fully expending your SnD time?)

Seeing as you are asking specifically about the Morchok encounter, are you using something like Deadly Boss Mods to know when to use Adrenaline Rush to get the most effectiveness out of it? Have you considered a small set of macros to pair up your Kiroptyric Sigil with Adrenaline rush? (I find for me, that gives me a big DPS burst.)

I just noticed this, but why are you choosing No'Kaled over Fear? Fear and Vengeance, as a set, will give your Sinister Strike a 45% damage bonus as well grant Suffering. Suffering is an awesome +100 boost to your agility fully proc'd. I find this makes up for the single target loss of DPS that you see more akin to Assassination.

Are you using something like reforge lite in an effort to ensure your reforging and your stats are at their prime and not over spent/wasted or under used? (Your hit seems awfully high. It should be around 8% if I am not mistaken. Reforge some of that into Haste for better energy recovery.)

Your gear is very good, and at first glance I just believe bringing back fear into the fold as well as ensuring your gear is also properly reforged is a good first step. With that, a few choice macros and well timed decisions (which, I am no doubt sure you are doing) and you should be balancing between the 35k+ range. For a simple yet, detailed guide, check out Noxxic.com and look over their PVE>Rogue>Combat build and try to get to the core levels and build from there.

Outside of that, you look like you're doing well for your self, keep it up and let me know how it goes...

- T.Jay

Hi thanks for the reply (this is Górkai couldn't log back in that account so had to make a new one) 10man raiding always and I am the only rogue in there, snd I up time it on a consistant basis refreshing it at around 3-4 seconds before it drops off, I do pair adrenaline rush with the kryptic sigil generally I will sue it when I get into the yellow 10% damage increase as I find it will burn me back through to the green phase so I get another round in quicker of damage. the choice of No'Kaled over fear is mainly due to on a fight in the records the proc will do about 6% of my dps when added together and i often find that fear cant top that so it will be a matter of getting the 403 one. and my hit is high as I want as many of my melee hits to hit as possible for extra dps as well as that's what mr robot sais to do. last time I did raid on my rogue I did a 33k on morchock but my gear has got better from the initial post, but I haven't been raiding much on my rogue any more since I have been raiding on dk through my guilds choice mainly because I have strong dps and tanking specs so I can perform both roles.

Hey Gorkai,

Well, first off, Mr. Robot: I am quite familiar with Mr. Robot and yes, the advice and numbers are way beyond my means of calculating, I am sure the numbers must be solid. (After asking around, more than a few trusted guildies supprt Mr. Robot so I am inclined to agree with them...)

At this point, I am not going to lie, I am a bit perplexed... Whether this seems like a timing issue or one of just ensuring you are maximizing your bilities with the hardware/human interface is the last point I could get to. Your answers and ideas are the right ones and you have managed to get to the 'right' answers that an automated machine can get you at... so I'll just fill in the blanks with a bit of my info...

My Rogue (|A|US|Gorgonnash|Tjayrocket|) is not the gear hound it should be, but I did a side by side comparison, seeing as my averages are a bit higher and could only come up with a few key differences...

My hit was a bt lower than yours but higher than Noxxic suggested, My hits almost always landed (MY poisons missed twice and that was at 11.23% hit... my Standard Melee hits always hit their mark) and my haste was a bit higher than yours. Between that and playing my rogue for so long it's been second nature for me to work/flesh out my rotation and my stats to where I feel confident with them.

I'd say, at this point, you have taken him as far as a machine will let you, this is almost where the human factor comes in... Work your toon as you see it. You set him to where the 'Standard' is, now it's time to reflect on your playing style. If it is 100% by the numbers, unless you yourself are a machine, you may be missing the mark a bit. I'd say, try working the hit rating down to a comfortable and solid level while maximizing your haste and try the series away from Mr. Robots suggestions a bit and bring Fear back into the mix.

Beyond that, start thinking a bit outside the box. You know when to maximize your output on KS and AR, now try thinking of new ways to use them. If there is one thing the Creed fought taught me, it was to use my rogue in ways I never thought of. Like using KS to really jump in and get your rogue to assault the enemy from a distance... e.g. I use it when I am returning from Black Blood of the Earth. It brings me close and drives my DPS up for a second, I usually follow this immediately with AR/Kiroptyric Sigil to add the type of numbers to either top the DPS charts or t least get me within a few thousand of them. Also, I read on here of a Cloak of Shadows 'gimmick' that helps you avoid the ensuing damage of Black Blood of the earth altogether (At this moment, the thread escapes me)...

Now, all of that is nice, and 27-28 k on average is nothing to sneeze at, yes you may not compete with the ultra-hardcore that seem to be born to play wow, but if you want to, I'd say, from the base you are at, experiment with slight changes and ideas to maximize your rogues abilities...

That was the longest way to say, basically, 'At this point, its on you to really use your rogue and his abilities'. That seems like a cop out answer but give it a shot, whats the worst it could do?

+ Reply to Thread