+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: End of Expansion

End of Expansion

With info on MoP due to hit on the 19th or so, the end of expansion reality will become more real (so to speak). I've been thinking lately how much I really like the end of expansions, since it will give me time to do things I've been putting off in favor or gearing and raiding - I have kind of like an end of expansion bucket list if you will.

I have a Tauren Pally at 61 who needs to hit 85;
    I have a Worgen Druid (I heal and tank on everything else why not a Druid too) at 43 that needs to get to 85;
    My Orc DK needs her professions leveled - even fishing;
    The Tauren Pally needs her professions leveled;
    I have a 'lock at 32 who should be 85, but he's a gnome, maybe he'll get eaten by something hostile when I level him);
    Try to get the mount from heroic dungeon acheivments - I'm pretty close on a couple of toons;
    Convince the guild to do some H BoT; H BWD so we can at least see Sinestra;

(Possibly 12 85's to take to 90, ouch)

Well, you get the idea. I love the end of the expansions, I love how powerful your characters feel, I love that you can beat the crap out of all the nasties that beat on you during leveling - nothing like a clothie's revenge - I just love the feel of the end of the expansion.

Anyone else have things they want to get done before MoP drops?

I need to finish leveling my Drood (who is going to be my new offical alt in MoP). I really like playing feral dps/boomkin its a nice change of pace from my mage.

Other then that I'm thinking of forgetting about my priest, DK and warrior at 85.

I'm considering switching my handful of twinks from the 70 to 80 (or even 85) bracket come MoP, it will kinda weight on how the pvp works in those brackets, 70's is fun but its all about mages rogues and priests (a touch of prot pally bg hero's, one shot ferals, and holy palladins that just annoy you).
    The new talent system will weight heavily on this, the lack of a talent point from 75 to 90 means that most twinking will be done in the 80's for the extra talent point. Really my rogue will want to go to 80 at least for dirty tricks which will give me a wider degree of control (also not having this ability will really cripple sub lvl 80 rogues in arena's as they won't be able to hard swap as easily). As my priest is already 70 I think I could leave him there. Angelic Barrier will make an already unkillable class (I have 45% damage reduction after DR, and I'm a healer, now I heal myself for 30% more...) more unkillalbe. My mage won't care to much staying at 70 or moving up to 80.

All these choices :$
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

My end of expansion bucket list:

Let my account expire and not re-sub.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post

Be a buzz kill
    Fixed
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

A Bucket List is things you haven't accomplished yet... My account expires on... well... the 19th! lol.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.

For me, MoP will primarily be about PvP. It's not that I don't have time to devote to PvE, but I really don't want to be held down by a schedule. If I don't feel like logging in, I don't want to have to just because it's raid night. :P Since PvP is going to be my focus, the only thing I really have on my list before MoP comes out, is to get the Rogue to level cap and get his professions leveled up appropriately. :P

A Bucket List is things you haven't accomplished yet... My account expires on... well... the 19th! lol.

Continue playing my mage and gathering more mats for Illusionary Bags...he's my only tailor and it seems like 26 slot bags will remain at least mostly useful well into MoP.

Other than that...eh, not much at all really.

I don't get it.

Is that Sir Buzz Killington?

Let my account expire and not re-sub.
    Shoo, back to the theory forums.

I don't get it.

Is that Sir Buzz Killington?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t8zNU_dbN0 Watch it then you will understand.

my bucket list is to finish lvling my toon on the 3rd worst pve server in the us with my guildies to become the top raid guild on that server on the weekends

Finish levelling my ele shaman(at 81 now) between now and when D3 comes out. I can't be the only one with an annual pass?

Nope I signed up too, but have never played Diablo so D3 will be totally new to me.

It's a good game in it's own right. I'd budget in a little time for that. Well as much as you do budget for these kind of things. That's the one thing I like about end of expansions. No real set goal or plans to shoot for. Can kind of going around and do whatever you like doing.

Get at least 10 million gold in the guild bank, prepare 2-3 characters for the next expansion, continue to recruit and improve my guild.

I think I've most of the objectives I set for myself in this expansion.

1 - Get over 10k worth of cheevos - check
    2 - Get the exalted title - check

That was pretty much it tbh. I've got loads of easy achievements I could still farm and it does bother me that I haven't completed all the heroic dungeons achievements, but ..............I cba.

Get some heroic loot on the warrior - replace our pally tank that up and quit.
    Get hunter into non LFR DS.
    4PC set for the DPS spec on the warrior, LFR or normal, don't care.
    DK tank to 85 and level his primary professions.
    Get more gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Figure out if I'm going to play brewmaster, guardian druid or blood DK. Finish upping my herbo/mining mage to start the expansion making a crapton of gold by selling mats for a couple of days.

Be in full current tier heroic gear (besides pieces that don't have a heroic counterpart.

Still going to be playing the same toons. Might level me a monk when I get my mains geared up and raiding asap.

+ Reply to Thread