+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior 4.3 trinkets

Fury Warrior 4.3 trinkets

Hey all,
    Last night Bone-Link Fetish dropped in DS for me. As a fury warrior I have been using Creche and the Eye of Unmaking in the past for my 2 trinkets. I will be doing my own in-game testing on raid dummies and in actual raids, but I also wanted to know if anyone has any advice on which 2 trinkets I should now use. Here is a link to my armory as well -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rikur/advanced

***Quick note - I first posted this is the "Damage Per Second" section this morning but found no replies so I'm reposting it here. Thanks in advance for any help. =)
    Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash

I think out of the 3, Creche and Unmaking are the best. Creche's proc is much better and Unmaking has nearly double the strength. Proc rate on Bone Link is too low to be any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

BLF is better than creche in high aoe situations, so really you are going to be swapping trinkets as dictated by the encounter. fetish is going to be better than creche on yorsahj, Warmaster (but only if slayers are tanked near a drake), spine (only if you're in to meter padding), and heroic madness (bloods aren't up long enough to warrant using it on normal)

on a side note, use your ataraxis in your OH. using 2 like ilevel gurth's is not a good idea.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    using 2 like ilevel gurth's is not a good idea.
    Off topic, but I'm curious as to why ^^
    Bears are strong.

basically using a different ilevel gurthalak in your OH allows it to reach it's full potential in terms of proc rate.
    bloodthirst and and a few other abilities can proc either a mainhand gurth, or an offhand gurth but they cannot proc both at the same time if it's the same spellid. however because different ilevel gurths proc different tentacles (and therefore are different spellid's) if you are using 2 different ilevel gurth's you can proc 2 tentacles from a single BT.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

basically using a different ilevel gurthalak in your OH allows it to reach it's full potential in terms of proc rate.
    bloodthirst and and a few other abilities can proc either a mainhand gurth, or an offhand gurth but they cannot proc both at the same time if it's the same spellid. however because different ilevel gurths proc different tentacles (and therefore are different spellid's) if you are using 2 different ilevel gurth's you can proc 2 tentacles from a single BT.
    Interesting idea so would the loss in weapon dps and strength make up for the lower proc rate?
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

landsoul had a post about it on EJ, stating that his math suggested that bis weapons for fury are 416MH gurth, 403OH gurth, however the DPS change compared to using a heroic atraxis OH is extremely minimal (less than the value of a 50str gem), and very subject to tentacle RNG

landsoul had a post about it on EJ, stating that his math suggested that bis weapons for fury are 416MH gurth, 403OH gurth, however the DPS change compared to using a heroic atraxis OH is extremely minimal (less than the value of a 50str gem), and very subject to tentacle RNG
    I was wondering because I've heard a few strength users in my guild drop a H gurth for another weapon in term of 'more predictable dps'.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    I was wondering because I've heard a few strength users in my guild drop a H gurth for another weapon in term of 'more predictable dps'.
    I would imagine this would very much be the case on Heroic Spine. Doubt it matters on any other fight.

dont forget to not only on heavy aoe fights but also to use Bone-link fetish on madness of deathwing because the proc from it can trigger spell weaving which is a big bump in dps

Wanted to say thanks to all for the responses and helpful hints!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    I would imagine this would very much be the case on Heroic Spine. Doubt it matters on any other fight.
    Ultraxion, our ret's mainly. A few got shafted hard with RNG and only got 1-2 tentacles for ultraxion.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Ultraxion, our ret's mainly. A few got shafted hard with RNG and only got 1-2 tentacles for ultraxion.
    That though is some VERY severe RNG, which isn't exactly something you would ever plan for. Normally though, say that their average DPS is 32k (as it should be for H Ultra) their DPS is quite liable to be anywhere between 28k and 36k due to Guth procs. But since the only thing better than Guth is a better version of Guth anyway, there's not really a viable solution to that since it is their average DPS you are concerned with here and not their burst like it would be on Spine. Unless of course you just weren't compensating for the fact that the sword bugs out on that fight, by standing right under the dragons nuts. (Unless Blizz ACTUALLY fixed that finally?) Then it would appear as though they aren't proc'ing when in fact they are.

Quote Originally Posted by captanmurdoc View Post
    dont forget to not only on heavy aoe fights but also to use Bone-link fetish on madness of deathwing because the proc from it can trigger spell weaving which is a big bump in dps
    BLF really isn't all that useful on madness. On normal the bloods aren't up long enough to make it worth your while. On heroic it's usefulness is questionable, because while the bloods will be up much longer, it's very likely that the trinket will be on ICD when you are actually supposed to be AoE'ing. Even on the last platform with congealing bloods, because of the ICD it will frequently be desynced with them spawning, making the trinket at best, decent for meter padding.

and as far as swapping out of using gurth is concerned, the only fight that you would even consider doing that is on spine, and even then with the nerfs it's not all that necessary. bad luck with procs is bad luck with procs, but in general it's going to consistently be better than the other weapon options. for reference, with a normal gurth my average tentacle damage on H ultraxion would be about 1-1.1mil, and I would assume ret paladins are going to get at least fairly similar results.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 03-16-2012 at 09:33 AM.

According to Landsoul's spreadsheet my optimal MH weapon (excluding heroic items) would be Gurth (403) and my optimal OH weapon would be Atraxis (397). Previously I was equipping Gurth (403) in both MH and OH as fury. In reading the responses in this thread should I be using Atraxis (397) in my OH and not duel wielding Gurth (403)?

Fury Warrior 4.3 trinkets

In regards to Playmakers post.
    We got DW down tonight and I picked up a Gurth 403. I'm in the exact same boat also. I have the Gurth LFR version and 397 Atrax. Not sure which is the better OH. Please advise

2x Gurth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

So according to this, using 2 403 ilvl Gurths would result in less overall DPS than equipping 403 Gurth in MH and 397 Atrax in OH?

+ Reply to Thread