+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10m Heroic Zon'ozz sucks....

10m Heroic Zon'ozz sucks....

Last nights logs
    We had one awesome attempt last night, where we got through 3 black phases and died during the 4th. We did not pot, eat food, 2nd pot or lust since we were still getting our bearings. Any tips, tricks, and hints that could help us out?

Raid Comp:
    Prot paladin
    Arms warrior
    Ele Shaman
    Arcane Mage
    Combat Rogue
    Shadow Priest
    Survival Hunter
    Resto Druid
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest

It looks like you let void diffusion fall off Zon'ozz on that last attempt, it's imperative that never happens. However I am noticing WoL records the debuffs from that fight wierd.

How many times are you bouncing the ball before clearing the stacks of focused anger?

Firstly you get over 7 stacks of Focused Anger your tank will start to take massive amounts of damage (maybe not as bad with the 10% buff).
    Also the buff falling off is interesting, so if you could describe how you are bouncing the orb?
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

We tank him at the beginning of the circle to his area when you walk in. Having spread the raid by tank > mdps > rdps > shadow priest so that it hits everyone but, giving people enough room to run for dispels. We go with the 7-7-7-5 method for bouncing. Though mistakes were happening last night and not entirely sure how the debuff fell off? But the very final attempt was our best, and as I said on none of the attempts did we lust.

Where is the best place to lust for this particular fight?

40seconds before you kill him, or approximately as everyone stacked for the last Black blood phase where you ignore the adds and nuke him. It's not much but try rotating your raid postioning 90 degrees to clockwise so the ranged camp is on top of the spawn point for the claw, its not much movement saved, but it is movement saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannos89 View Post
    We tank him at the beginning of the circle to his area when you walk in. Having spread the raid by tank > mdps > rdps > shadow priest so that it hits everyone but, giving people enough room to run for dispels. We go with the 7-7-7-5 method for bouncing. Though mistakes were happening last night and not entirely sure how the debuff fell off? But the very final attempt was our best, and as I said on none of the attempts did we lust.

Where is the best place to lust for this particular fight?
    Jesus...7-7-7-5? That seems like excessive overkill...try doing fewer bounces (in particular your second and third).

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Jesus...7-7-7-5? That seems like excessive overkill...try doing fewer bounces (in particular your second and third).
    Yeah something like 5-5-5-3 would even work :$
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Yeah something like 5-5-5-3 would even work :$
    what's bad about going 7-7-7-5? we've been working on this too, and doing 7 stacks for the first three. we rarely have any deaths outside black, so we figured the extra stacks make him die faster. should we change to 7-7-5-5 or 7-5-5-5?

Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    what's bad about going 7-7-7-5? we've been working on this too, and doing 7 stacks for the first three. we rarely have any deaths outside black, so we figured the extra stacks make him die faster. should we change to 7-7-5-5 or 7-5-5-5?
    Are healers getting anywhere close to OOM from big heals on tank or extra De-buffs that goes off? If not I can't think of a reason off the top of my head to switch your strategy if you're making it through the first 3 rounds without problems. Though i would think with stacks that high he'd be dieing a little bit quicker.

well 1 reason not to do it is if a melle messes up and bounces it back 1 extra time it takes the stacks to 9 and void diffusion will fall off the boss, although thats in a situation where someone messes up and is not planned into the strat obviously but its worth a thought

My group does 7775 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Are healers getting anywhere close to OOM from big heals on tank or extra De-buffs that goes off? If not I can't think of a reason off the top of my head to switch your strategy if you're making it through the first 3 rounds without problems. Though i would think with stacks that high he'd be dieing a little bit quicker.
    so we switched to 7-5-5-5 last night and downed it i guess the main advantage is that you get a little more margin for error this way, which seems to be what people are saying.

it did put use very close to enrage, since we really only have tank dps during the first three black phases. but a kill is a kill - thanks for the tip.

leave you arms warrior on the claw, have him pop sweeping strikes once Zon'ozz gets in range, and once that runs off run out ad clean up some tentacles.

We downed it tonight, stayed with the 7-7-7-5 method. The tank and rogue were at the claw. Hunter and warrior went out to one side as the "melee" group, everyone else did the ranged group. Thanks for all the advice

+ Reply to Thread