+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 85 Human Warrior

85 Human Warrior

Towards the end of the WoTLK I had the misfortunate accident of breaking my back. Since then I have finally been rehabilitated enough to confine myself to a chair. Unfortunantly though I have lost all my tanking roots all together. And I have found it increasingly difficult to find the information needed to start tanking with warriors on a regular basis here on the site. Keep in mind I am not asking you to hand me a step by step here in the help forums. I'm just asking you to point me in the direction I can not seem to find on my own. I need resource links please for....

Specs, reforging(totally confused on where to take this for tanks), glyphs, and gems.

Currently my friends have helped me to by the justice point chest and hands, some vp boots and wrist. The rest I have is quest and some reg drop blues. This is why I have not putup my armory as it is irrelivant to finding starting information. Thank you very much for helping someone who is drugged out of thier mind with the hazed confusion that is returning to wow after power questing for 2 days.

That guide is garbage. It was pretty bad when first posted but now is quite severely out of date.

Spec:
    8/2/31 http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LG0cZ0...Roozru:0oZzZzM
    you have to floater points in the prot tree, i have placed them in safe guard in the above tree, but they could go into Imp rev, Thunderstruck. If you really must you can drop Cruelty or Blood and Thunder, but generally its a bad idea

Rotation:

1. Keep Demo Shout Up
    2. Shield Slam
    3. Keep Rend Up*
    4. (Revenge**)Devastate is Shield slam has >1.5s left on its Cooldown
    5. Shockwave
    6. Concussion Blow
    7. (Revenge**)Devastate
    8. Heroic Strike (Inner Rage) to prevent Rage capping

*Rend should be refreshed via Thunderclap when it has less than 3 seconds duration left If you do not take Blood and Thunder. obviously you can't do this and Rend falls behind Concussion Blow in priority.

**Revenge should only be used if you take the talent Imp.Revenge and the Prime Glyph, and those should only be taken if Revenge sims higher than Devastate. Generally Revenge is not worth it until you're at the point where you're starting to use pure stam gems, or your weapon is a tier or more behind the rest of your gear.

Ideally you will be keeping berserker rage and shield Block on CD when you have aggro, and will have a fairly high uptime on Inner rage too. Heroic strike should be making up around 33% of your damage on any fight where you have a boss beating on you 100% of the time.

Do not be afraid to pop Recklessness. It's a massive threat CD, 20% more damage taken means 20% more Rage, 20% more vengeance. and 50% crit is not to be sneezed at either. Obviously you'd ideally pop it in conjunction with Shield Block to minimise the chance of dying but also to maximise the benefits of Shield Slam's double damage. Don't be stupid though, if the boss is about to use his "massive laser of tank death" don't have Recklessness up. it's worth noting that activating Recklessness will put SHield Wall and Retaliation on CD for 10 seconds, cancelling Recklessness will not remove this CD, so make sure you won't need either of those abilities in the next 10 seconds before popping Recklessness.

Retaliation is of marginal utility to a Prot warrior, it only procs off mele attacks that damage you, as we normally roll with fairly high avoidance it's really hard to use all the charges unless you're facing multiple enemies. assuming a 2s swing timer and 33% avoidance you'd need at least 5 mobs to gain the full benefit, and assuming you haven't stunned them.

Glyphs:
    Prime: Shield Slam, Devastate
    Major: Thunderclap
    Minor: Demoralizing Shout, Berserker Rage

Stats:
    Your goal is to get 102.4% avoidance+block and ensure no boss can ever land an unmitigated hit on you. Once this is achieved you will get the most survivability out of stamina, thus

Pre-CTC: Mastery> Dodge=parry>stamina>everything else
    post CTC: Stamina>parry>Dodge>mastery>everything else

Gems:
    Meta: Eternal Earthsiege

Yellow: Fractured Amberjewel (preCTC)/Puissant Dream Emerald (postCTC)
    Red: Fine Ember Topaz (preCTC)/Defender's Demonseye (postCTC)
    Blue: Puissant Dream Emerald (preCTC)/Solid Ocean Sapphire (postCTC)

Feel free to replace them with their epic quality variants.

Thank you both for your time and effort to answer my questions. is there currently a formula for the 102.4%? Because frankly I havent had to calculate that number since bt. And thus I'm still a bit fuzzy. It's just adding the avoidance and block together correct?

yup, though don't forget to factor in the 5% miss chance.

run this macro in game:

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance() +5))
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

+ Reply to Thread