+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can I have some constructive criticism and feedback please?

My shattering throw has a 1.5 second cast time. I'm fairly sure the prot warrior GCD is 1.5 seconds too. The main reason I do it on the pull is it requires I be in battle stance (crittable) and it has a cast time (hittable). It's enitrely possible for me to sneak one in between melee swings I just rather not take the risk (and our physical DPS are fine with it being on the pull). Ideally you have the other tank pull and avoid all this mess. And sure sunder's nice as its cheap and but guess what? you should have SB up on pull if your pulling and generally SnB procced SSs are cheaper than devastate and hit harder even at low vengeance. Somwhere in the cataclysm protection warrior spreadsheet Kopcap and myself went through the various possible openings. Now granted that was over 9 months ago, and a lot of things have changed given vengeance now ramps faster, but unless your raid is running close to their theoretical max having a few GCDs without 3 stacks is not going to be significant to your raid dps, we're talking 0.05% differences theoretically on a 5 minute fight, and thats well within the margin for error on simcraft so I assume is small enough that RNG and lag will play a bigger part.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 03-20-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Is it only a 1.5 second cast? I though it was more than that, but then again it's not a ability i used that often outside of arenas, and even then it was rarely necessary. Anyway, yeah i see your point on the Sunder stack not really mattering in the first couple GCD's.

ok, I have made some changes to my paladin, does this look better?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Silvermoon/H%C3%A9imdall/advanced

S
    wapped out the stacking dodge trinket for the raid finder stamina one, not sure it was such a good idea since the mastery proc is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard to me, but it does have a lot of stamina on it.

Got rid of all the expertise reforges as suggested and balanced out my dodge / parry.

Anything else i need to do?

Thanks again for all the advice guys, it's very much appreciated

Matt.

Try to make the dodge and parry equal when raidbuffed. This means having around 160 parry rating less than dodge when unbuffed.

Don't worry about the stamina trinket, I have yet to see the Indomitable Pride drop at all (in something like 200 boss kills that can drop it)

i have told my raid group that we will no longer be doing normal bosses only. that we will be doing heroic bosses and learning them...including wipes....until we get it right. We got Morchok HC down, did normal zon'ozz and are now on Yor'sahj HC and we will do it and wipe until we learn the fight, combinations and finally kill the SOB. Hagara HC next and Ultrax HC, normal warmaster, spine and madness for now too.

Do you guys have videos for all the heroic bosses on 10 man? i looked but couldn't seem to find them :S

Anyway, thank you very much Fetzie, i looked at your spreadsheet and it was very encouraging. Next thing i need to do is go back and find that link you posted with your change suggestions and see what else i have not done.

I knew coming back here to ask the questions was a good choice

P.S. Thank you again and I'm sorry that this thread hasn't stuck solely to the tanking question i originally asked, but all the help you guys have given has been very very much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread