+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Main Hand Or Off Hand?

Main Hand Or Off Hand?

Hi all i have aquired a Gurthalak,Voice of The Deeps 384 raid finder and also i have a Experimental Specimen Slicer 397 now should i have the slicer in my main or my off i been doing some reading up and such and the voice of the deeps hardly procs in my off so what do you guys think should i use the deeps in my main even tho its lower lvl or should i stick with the slicer in main and deeps in off?

The main hand/off hand items aren't determined by ilevel. :P You want the slower weapon with higher damage (not DPS, damage) in your main hand. This way your abilities hit harder. since they're the same speed that's not much of a consideration here. The Gurthalak has slightly higher damage, so it should be your main hand. But the difference would be pretty minor.

Warning: It has been a long time since I paid attention to DW DPS mechanics... You may need to ignore everything I just told you.

Edit: See... I knew I screwed up. Just noticed that your ESS wasn't the raid finder version. That would be the better main hand in this case.

Hi thanks for the replie yes i know all your saying but my issue was the voices of the deep doesnt proc as much in offhand than it does in main or so ive read i was wondering what u guys thought was is it worth having the voices (390) in main over the ESS because of the reason i just stated and all 2 hand weapons now are same speed

I would main hand gurth to get the most out of the proc. But if you're trying to maximize damage then why not go Arms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

having the ESS in your main hand will make all of your special abilities hit harder. you have to balance this with less tentacle procs.

without doing the math, i'd bet the ESS is better in your main hand. for sure it's going to result in more consistent dps, since you won't be so dependent on getting good procs to perform well.

+ Reply to Thread