+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warrior tank question!

Yup. Was more referring to Mr. Robot's reforging being on purpose. Not the talent :P

Tanking right now...so far I have died 3 times and its due to getting hit by the ball. Mainly because the ball goes in some odd direction and I have to move the boss and BAM nearly die..then die. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brackit View Post
    Tanking right now...so far I have died 3 times and its due to getting hit by the ball. Mainly because the ball goes in some odd direction and I have to move the boss and BAM nearly die..then die. :P
    You shouldn't have to move the boss all that much to get a ball usually. It sounds like your DPS are having trouble coordinating themselves? What strat are you running (how many bounces per phase)?

Sounds like either you need to start using CDs or the healers need to catch up and keep you topped off. Start with CDs.

Sometimes the ball just veers off to the left for apparent reason Greg, seen it happen a few times. Normally it's fine to drag the boss a couple 10 yards to pick it up but if you're doing that I don't think it should be hitting you as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Sometimes the ball just veers off to the left for apparent reason Greg, seen it happen a few times. Normally it's fine to drag the boss a couple 10 yards to pick it up but if you're doing that I don't think it should be hitting you as well.
    I'm aware of that having done the fight a few times. My statement still stands. The ball really doesn't usually get THAT far off. Strafing 10 yards isn't enough to kill you if you're watching the ball from the time the ranged bounce it. And if it does go completely perpendicular to the normal direction (it happened on our second kill, don't judge me) Warriors have Heroic Leap.

Warrior tank question!

The timing of that for a five bounce is almost perfectly with a psychic drain, or at least it has been while learning the fight with three different groups. I'm betting that's not getting reduced. Dying then would not be surprising. Adding in movement with the possibility of healer range issues or even being hit in the back...lots of things that need to be checked for here.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    The timing of that for a five bounce is almost perfectly with a psychic drain, or at least it has been while learning the fight with three different groups. I'm betting that's not getting reduced. Dying then would not be surprising. Adding in movement with the possibility of healer range issues or even being hit in the back...lots of things that need to be checked for here.
    Yes, less speculation, more details please.

+ Reply to Thread