+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood DK or Prot warrior

Blood DK or Prot warrior

I've been thinking about rolling tank for DS and been wondering that which is better Blood DK or Prot Warrior?
    What do you think and could you tell why?

Cheers

Blood dks are unreasonably strong right now... Blood shield and the heals are insane... The number of cool downs is staggering... And they deal more dps for the fights with tight enrage timers.

Right now warriors are the weakest class, if you had 4 equally skilled players playing each of those classes, that is. DK's are largely OP right now. I feel like my lvl 65 DK has more survivability than my 400 ilevel warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Thanks for replys.

Actually warrior tank is still pretty strong and with the nerfs, min-maxing is not as important. Just roll the tank with the playstyle you prefer.

Oh we're entirely viable, its jsut that the warrior toolbox is the least suited to thetype of encounters that make up Dragonsoul whereas the DK's toolbox is rather well suited. It's also rather unfortunate that our DPS is generally well behind the other tanks, almost 10% behind DKs on all size/difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    Actually warrior tank is still pretty strong and with the nerfs, min-maxing is not as important. Just roll the tank with the playstyle you prefer.
    Never said we're not strong, but we're inherently the weakest at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Right now warriors are the weakest class
    This is argueable, imho paladin are the weakest class by far. They can only reach ctc cap and start stacking stamina afterwards with no option to further reduce their incoming damage while us warrior can aim for critblock cap. Might depend on the raidsize but i prefer a warrior over our blocking brethren any day (please note that basically none of the fancy bubble/AD stuff works on heroic mode).

I guess they're a little more equal, Warr's having crit block and mobility, paladins have a wider range of CDs, etc. But DK's and Druids are leaps and bounds ahead of both in terms of survivability and DPS.

For the reasons mentioned earlier, I rolled DK. But DK is also considerably easier to level and more fun to play. But that's just my opinion

Last edited by Themme; 05-20-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Lies.

+ Reply to Thread