+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soulshifter vortex paladin tank

Soulshifter vortex paladin tank

Just need some advice.
    I thought soulshifter was not good for paladins but I have seen quite a few using it. Am I wrong in thinking that once we have achieved the CTC more mastery is useless?
    Or are they just using it for the stam?
    Sorry if I am repeating or if this is in the wrong section.

I do believe after passive CTC more is useless for paladins so chances are the ones you see are using it for fights that can allow to buff stam in place of CTC (Yor'Sahj for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The trinket is pretty crappy for a paladin since mastery is useless when ctc capped. Still a decent amount of stamina if they lack other trinkets.

Soulshifter vortex paladin tank

K I thought so thanks for clearing it up though

I'm only using it because it has 125 (410 version) more stamina than my heroic Scales of Life and Indomitable Pride hasn't dropped yet.

I have the raid finder version of indom. pride. Love it. Actually I have the RF version of both DS stam trinkets but only use one at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Yeah, for shield tanks, Soulshifter Vortex is kind of a POS. Indomitable Pride is great fun for everyone. But for some reason Blizzard thought the Share Boss Loot table was a good place for it. Personally i've only ever seen it once from 9-10(?) weeks of normal mode and LFR clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Yeah, for shield tanks, Soulshifter Vortex is kind of a POS. Indomitable Pride is great fun for everyone. But for some reason Blizzard thought the Share Boss Loot table was a good place for it. Personally i've only ever seen it once from 9-10(?) weeks of normal mode and LFR clears.
    While it is badly itemised for Paladins, its not all that bad for warriors past the CTC cap.The proc is a huge amount of mastery, and even though mastery isn't the best stat at that point it still provides some damage reduction, and at those quantities its about as good raw damage reduction as shield Block. warriors still use shield block past the CTC cap. and what are the alternatives. Resolve of the undying? Mirror? Spindle? Just becuase theirs one trinket thats better than SV past CTC dones't make SV a PoS. Even as a paladin the stam's better for you than almost anything else post CTC

+ Reply to Thread