+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cata Quest Design Post Mortem

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    In the same light did the difference in time it took the company of dwarves vs. frodo to reach rivendale make any of the slightest difference in your overall enjoyment of the product?
    But Frodo got delayed in the forest with the spiders ("short cuts make long delays"), Bilbo and dwarves took the road; also, there was the fact that after Bree (or was it Brill) Frodo had to take a longer more hidden route.

Frodo also got lost in the barrowdowns.

TANGENT!
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    But Frodo got delayed in the forest with the spiders ("short cuts make long delays"), Bilbo and dwarves took the road; also, there was the fact that after Bree (or was it Brill) Frodo had to take a longer more hidden route.
    Bilbo actually took the longer of the two. The spiders were in mirkwood on the other side of the misty mountains. We could say bilbo got delayed by the trolls by that was one night, and they didn't delay they kept going with out sleep. Frodo spent time relaxing in his house by the water, then spent 3 nights with Tom, then spent 2 more nights at the prancing pony, WHILE avoiding the roads, AND THEN he beats bilbo's time to rivendale?
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Wasn't it Biblo that spent time with Tom Bombadill? Bilbo got lost in the the mountain, met up with Golum, got the ring, etc. Also, freaking dwarves are slow, short legs, no lavawalker, etc.

Wasn't it Biblo that spent time with Tom Bombadill? Bilbo got lost in the the mountain, met up with Golum, got the ring, etc. Also, freaking dwarves are slow, short legs, no lavawalker, etc.
    No, Frodo was Tom Bombadil, they cut it out of the movies (thank god). Bilbo did get lost in the misty mountains, but that's east of Rivendale, that was all afterwards.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I guess it did take Bilbo a month longer. I liked Tom Bombadil, bear tank. I loved the movies, but disliked that the final chapters in the Shire were omitted - that' was kind of the whole point of the story of the Hobbits.

http://www.frodoforever.com/timeline.php

http://www.timetoast.com/timelines/130947

I guess it did take Bilbo a month longer. I liked Tom Bombadil, bear tank.
    Beorn?
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Beorn?
    Yeah Beorn, guess memory fades having not read the books in 30 years.

Yeah Beorn, guess memory fades having not read the books in 30 years.
    Re-read them! Hell I do almost every year ish. Just a chapter two a day isn't that hard to find time for. And when you haven't picked them up in the longest time, its like reading them for the first time all over again

I think I will; I know I have them in the house somewhere; some of kids have read them recently.

your match is not accurate, it depents on actual contidions. The best way to produce a best mmo should stick to its non-profit priciple

+ Reply to Thread