+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retribution and Haste

Retribution and Haste

Sorry, I'm not a theorycrafter...but I wouldn't mind being one. Good at learning math, but not experienced with the math being used in theorycrafting.

That is a lead in to ask if anyone has re-worked retribution since the infamous "broken ret, holy hell look at the damage!" night. If they want help looking at it somehow, I would be glad to do what I can.

I happened to be awake and running heroic 5 mans that night. Looking at my logs, censure and seals were off the chart on damage done. Since then, censure has jumped up to being in my top 3 of damage done on most fights. Has anyone looked at what haste is doing for us now? I suspect a "ninja buff" was in progress to the way haste scales for paladins and maybe there was a decimal point error or something that caused the pally madness that night. Any ideas, questions, comments are welcome. Thanks.

Censure should've been in your top 3 before that, they buffed the dot by 40% at the end of firelands. In that particular night you could oneshot everything due to infinity-double-dipping SoT into devine storm and almost crashing the servers.

Haste was plain bad before but after the buff it's equal to crit and slighty behind mastery... especially while yielding that Madness twohander and proccing tentacles all day long.

infinity-double-dipping SoT into devine storm and almost crashing the servers
    Could you tell me where you found that info? I trust you, I was just curious what had happened. Would really like to hear more about it.

As to censure, maybe I am just that unobservant...but I had not noticed it jump up there until after that night. I suppose I must not have been paying much attention until then.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    Could you tell me where you found that info? I trust you, I was just curious what had happened. Would really like to hear more about it.

As to censure, maybe I am just that unobservant...but I had not noticed it jump up there until after that night. I suppose I must not have been paying much attention until then.
    What he is talking about was a bug introduced a week or so ago, Seals of Command from Seal of the Righteous chained indefinitely, giving you thousands of proccs per second. A paladin could run into the other side in AV who were running to the boss, hit Divine Storm and everybody around him fell over (after the player's computer almost crashed). It was fixed within hours.

What our ret pally does is reforge into Mastery when he can, and then into Crit. Then it is just a question of keeping Inquisition up while getting as many Templar's Verdicts in as possible. Hand of Light (your mastery) should be your number 1 damage done ability in Skada/Recount.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rlias/advanced is our ret pally. He also has a ret pally alt.

+ Reply to Thread