+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing trinkets.

Healing trinkets.

Recently got back into playing WoW after a pretty length break, and I have done well for myself aside from my trinket upgrades. The spirit one from Valor points just doesn't seem to cut it for me since I would be dropping so much intellect with the ones I currently have equipped. Suggestions?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lolipwn/simple

Right now on my pally I use VP trinket and Seal of the Seven Signs (ilvl 397 one); I actually like the extra Sprit and I use the "on use" as a mana bump in fights. Now, that said, on my priest I have the Raid Finder versions of Seal of the Seven Signs and Heart of the Unliving which I think in the big boy versions is arguably the best combo right now. Sometime the Heart will drop for my Pally.

Yeah, Heart of the Unliving is probably the best trinket for everyone at the moment. As for my other trinket, most of the time I'm using Tsunami, as spirit stacking trinkets are pretty sweet, when they're both fully stacked I think it's around an extra 1280 spirit. Sometimes I might use Jaws of Defeat instead of Tsunami, otherwise they're the only trinkets I really plan on using for the rest of the expansion.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

The VP trinkets are unfortunately garbage for healing. No Intellect at all = no thanks.

Heart of Unliving + Windward Heart are the BiS trinkets this tier. HoU goes without saying, tons and tons of Spirit on top of a nice amount of Intellect. Windward Heart is interesting - its procrate scales dramatically with Holy Radiance usage, because it procs off the crits with the initial heal. Because it has a low chance to proc and a low internal cooldown, it greatly favors a playstyle with a large frequency of smaller crits - in other words, it's incredibly good for raid healing Druids and Paladins. Not bad for the other two healing classes, but fantastic for Druids and Pallies :-)

Seal of the Seven Signs has a horribly designed Haste proc, it has a 120 second internal cooldown (not a typo) meaning that it's nowhere near reliable. I would rank the LFR version under the Well of Eternity trinket (slightly less Intellect, but the Mastery proc has a very high uptime and is much more reliable), but the normal version above both just by virtue of Intellect.

Tsunami is still quite strong for a Paladin. Core of Ripeness is a good placeholder until you can get something nicer. If you happen to head into Firelands, Jaws of Defeat is still a solid choice - the on-use can be macro'd to Avenging Wrath, which will save you a fair amount of mana (considering that you're almost always spamming heavy heals during AW, it makes sense that it would be a good time to use a mana conservation CD. Plus the cooldowns line up perfectly).

edit: After looking at your armory, you should have enough Spirit to drop the Doll trinket for the Well of Eternity one. More Intellect + a nice Mastery proc with a good uptime.

The only other thing I spot with your armory is your meta gem - the Burning meta works with heals now, and considering how poorly we scale with max mana, it is typically a superior choice for raiding. Otherwise, nice work thus far.
    Last edited by Sebadoh; 02-25-2012 at 11:55 AM.

The VP Trinkets are really situational and well there just isn't very many situations at all they are really needed. It would be great if there were more fights where you get a phase of like 15 seconds with a huge healing requirement, but there isn't any really.

You'd best best would be aiming for Heart of Unliving and Windward Heart. The haste trinket has such a long ICD that it just isn't worth it.

On my Pally I'd prefer the Seal Trinket even with the longer internal cooldown, imo haste > mastery. I'd like Windward Heat over the VP one, but the RNG gods hate me.

On the priest I'd switch our Seal for Windward, but again the RNG gods hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    On my Pally I'd prefer the Seal Trinket even with the longer internal cooldown, imo haste > mastery.
    Ignoring the issue of the ridiculous disparity between the trinket's uptimes... everyone prefers Haste, it's straight-up our highest throughput secondary stat and the cast time decrease is a nice quality of life improvement. The issue is that it does nothing to buff our HPM, which can be a problem if you don't have Heart of Unliving or in some situations even if you DO have it. Haste is also a useless stat on Ultraxion, assuming you get the blue buff, but that's a different beast entirely.

Crit is surprisingly strong for a Holy Paladin, I can name a couple world-class HPals who reforge for it exclusively, and a boatload more who reforge for it for H Spine or Ultraxion (which to be fair, are total gimmick fights). But Mastery is more reliable, and thus better than Crit in the majority of situations.

I'd like Windward Heat over the VP one, but the RNG gods hate me.
    So buy Core of Ripeness, or go farm the aforementioned Well of Eternity trinket. There are plenty of acceptable options that don't drop from a raid. I can't possibly overstate how bad the VP trinkets are for healing.

Great info, actually just picked up SoSS last night and replaced my gay doll. Hopefully when LFR resets I can pick up the HoU trink before I get back into DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh View Post
    Ignoring the issue of the ridiculous disparity between the trinket's uptimes... everyone prefers Haste, it's straight-up our highest throughput secondary stat and the cast time decrease is a nice quality of life improvement. The issue is that it does nothing to buff our HPM, which can be a problem if you don't have Heart of Unliving or in some situations even if you DO have it. Haste is also a useless stat on Ultraxion, assuming you get the blue buff, but that's a different beast entirely.

Crit is surprisingly strong for a Holy Paladin, I can name a couple world-class HPals who reforge for it exclusively, and a boatload more who reforge for it for H Spine or Ultraxion (which to be fair, are total gimmick fights). But Mastery is more reliable, and thus better than Crit in the majority of situations.

So buy Core of Ripeness, or go farm the aforementioned Well of Eternity trinket. There are plenty of acceptable options that don't drop from a raid. I can't possibly overstate how bad the VP trinkets are for healing.
    Haven't gotten to H Spine, but we are working on H Ultra and take him to the enrage each try, our dps is just not quite there yet, but we 2 heal it, me on my Pally and one of our Shammys with no issues. In fact it's a pretty easy heal fight until the last minute. I have Core, WoE trinket along with Jaws (non heroic), Tsunami card, the healing trinket off Alysrazor (forget what it's called), Alchemist Stone; I switch around a bit sometimes, but for the most part I just leave it the way it is until I get the drops I want.

+ Reply to Thread