+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single tanking DS 10 man - question

Single tanking DS 10 man - question

Ok, so Zonozz, Yorsahj, Hagara, Spine, and Madness are all single tankable. I've read that Morchok is, although I haven't tried it yet. I suspect that with the nerf next week he should be as well. My question is for the remaining two, Ultrax and Blackhorn. Are these single tankable, and if so, what are the successful strategies for a DK?

Ultrax the only issue should be getting aggro back after fading light, and not sure how to handle high stacks of Sunder on Blackhorn.

Thoughts, comments?

Thanks!

Both Morchok's and Blackhorn's Sunders are Parry/dodgeable so you basically just have to have hgh avoidance, or high mobility and basical get lucky avoidance streaks or kite the debuffs off. Morchok it's not so much an issue as your stat will reset anyway during the black blood phase.

You won't be able to single tank Blackhorn unless you get a crazy string of avoids on his Devastates.

I've unintentionally done it: He only devastates every 8.4 seconds or so and if you full absorb the hit you don't get debuffed, so working with a disco priest you can quite easilly force the stacks to drop with a bit of absorb timing and a couple of avoidance trinkets.

Morchok and ultraxion can be solotanked on normal not on heroic though. Ultraxion you just have to time fading lights to the last second and taunt asap when you get back. Like katarn said solotanking Blackhorn doesn't seem viable, maybe if you get a soulstone and die halfway through P2 and ress asap.

We've single tanked Morchok from release, as was said even if you get a string of bad avoidance luck, the stacks reset on Black Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Morchok and ultraxion can be solotanked on normal not on heroic though. Ultraxion you just have to time fading lights to the last second and taunt asap when you get back. Like katarn said solotanking Blackhorn doesn't seem viable, maybe if you get a soulstone and die halfway through P2 and ress asap.
    He will still be doing the same amount of damage though, and a panicked soulstone res/boss taunt before dps die will usually result in the tank dying again about 3 seconds later.

Dying is an effective way of resetting the sunder stacks though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Not something you want to have to rely on though.
    Isn't to hard a holy paladin taunt into a bubble, while a macr'd brez should be all you need to get back into the fight!
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

+ Reply to Thread