+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secondary professions in MoP? First Aid question.

Secondary professions in MoP? First Aid question.

Do you think that Blizzard can come up with a better reason to level first aid especially for classes that already have a heal and do not need it and can make more money selling the cloth to tailors instead of making stacks of bandages?

Thanks
    Woa

A buff to healing ?
    A new pattern?
    cannot be interrupted?
    Procs?

About a 100 views but no ideas? I am thinking that there is room to add stuff to it. If you would get a 3% bonus to all healing taken or done you would see players who do not normally level it take the time to do so. And how about make the heal much more powerful? More in line with say a healthstone, just heals for a base % of your Hp. Heck even have some bandages have procs, like dmg reduction for a 30sec after use.

Some ideas anyone have any others?

Another idea. What if the raid group has no Warlock? How about a bandage dispenser, no skill level to use them but they act like a heathstone. Need to unlock like the cauldrons and feasts.

I think there is tone of cool and exciting thing they could do with the profession, but just have let it go.

I would like it to become useful while tanking, as right now one of the sure-fire ways to get yourself killed as a tank is use a bandage.

I was told that back in the days of 40 mans it was almost a requirement for players to have bandages for raid content. You would run into a corner and take the 8 seconds to use it, espcially if heals mana was getting tight. With todays raids taking 8 seconds to do that is bad, and as Lore would say , wrong.

I did post this in the WoW general forums also, and even sent it to Lore as a question for PST. I would love to get his take on this.

I am getting alot of good ideas from players too , from stopiing bleed dmg for a bit to bring back poision removal and immunity for short time. Hopping for more good ideas on how to help it tho.

Secondary professions in MoP? First Aid question.

Instant cast would be nice. If they provide any buffs I feel this would be slightly op.

Just make bandage casts not be interrupted from damage, perhaps beef it up a bit to come closer to what an offspec heal can do and it's useful again!
    I'm currently leveling alts on a new server (RAF FTW) and frankly, I don't think any of them has even got to halfway in FA yet, simply because every class has some form of healing nowadays and that's far more than bandaging can do! Plus cloth farming is such a pain that it' seems faster to just wait on regen than having to farm even more cloth for my tailors.

And now that we're on the subject:
    Does anybody use Fishing & Cooking for more than the Fish Feasts? I occasionally use a Fortune Cookie if I want to pad the meters in LFR and I assume some people still farm Deviate Fish or Albino Fish for the screenshot effects, but anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Bandages had some fringe use during the beginning of the expansion - they were fairly important to our very early Chimaron strategy. However, with the scaling nature of gear, static bandages inevitably become rubbish over the course of the expansion. 35k over 8s isn't *too* shabby when DPS have 90k health each. Now that DPS have ~160k health, and healers have significantly greater stats compared to entry level raiding, it's hardly a surprise they have diminished in importance.

To flip the question on its head, would it really improve First Aid if reaching 525 (or 600 in MoP) skill increased your DPS by 2%? Or cooking, or fishing? It'd trigger a massive wave of outrage from the many - possibly most - people who have ignored it for years; they would level it, forget about it, and that would be it. Consider the amount of outrage about how rare the BoA archaeology weapons were, even when Blizzard had gone out of their way to state that they weren't intended as a sensible gearing path from the beginning.

One of the problems First Aid suffers is that the time it would be most useful - when Cataclysm hit, and mobs were relatively unkind to newly levelled players - embersilk was so prohibitively expensive that very few people could afford to burn through bandages healing up the damage taken while questing. There are plenty of possible solutions to this; creating scenarios in which having first aid is a positive benefit.
    Official Dragon Wiggler of the Ashen Rose Conspiracy
    Nerf Paladins

+ Reply to Thread