+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy or Disc?

Holy or Disc?

I am sure this question as been asked so many times people want to jack slap the next person who asks. If so, I'm fine with being a punching bag.

So this is my priest and as you can see I am currently disc. Now my raid group is like 10-15pct from a H Ultrax kill, but one of the main dps are gone this week so they want to try someone else, I think it's hagara.

My question is, do you stay disc for this, the healing comp would be resto druid, holy pally then myself, or do I go holy and leave the pally as the solo tank healer?

For H Hagara, it will depend on where your group is struggling. Overall, I feel that Holy is a stronger spec on H Hagara due to allowing you to bubble people for the speed buff to avoid the ice walls.

You can honestly probably two heal the encounter. I'd suggest you heal it with a combination of Paly + other healer. Ranged DPS are exceptionally useful on this encounter and you shouldn't need to three heal it unless you are having issues with the lightning phase, as that is really the only time the damage is super difficult to deal with. The rest can be handled by proper execution of mechanics.

HOWEVER, to be perfectly honest, even with your DPS gone, I would still continue to work on H Ultrax. H Hagara takes a decent amount of time on 10 man to get down as that fight requires perfect execution. If you can't perfectly execute the mechanics, you will wipe. It is incredibly unforgiving.

I'd be interested in looking over you H Ultrax logs if you have them and I can offer my feedback.

Here are 2 different nights
    I believe these are the correct logs

A full night

Now when you look at the logs, you will see 2 different raid groups. Our main progression team is at a 1 or 2pct wipe on spine I think =/ lol. So if you click logs that have ultra down or blackhorn that's the wrong group =P

With only a brief look, I noticed a very, very important detail.

You are lusting at the beginning of the encounter. I'm curious as to why. You are struggling at the end to keep up with the healing as a group. You also have multiple lusts, utilize them!

I'd suggest that at the beginning of the encounter, just before Ultrax comes in your healers both enter the Twilight Realm and then you lust for the DPS. You will then use a second lust at about the 4:30 second mark depending on how hard it is getting.

I'll be honest. The HPS seems bit low from both of them for that mark of the game. but I can't diagnose it much further without knowing what buffs they are getting. The are being hurt by not getting the lust in the late game, where it is crucial they have it.

As another note, the DPS seems a bit low as well overall. That is also making it harder. A few of your DPS, and your tanks, need to increase the amount of damage they are doing to make the encounter easier.

Well from what I understand, the druid gets red, and then the pally gets the green and blue. Personally I get sat for this fight so I can't say much about it. But I do know that the 2 healers pop out so they don't get sated off the bat and then the lust at the end I can't really say anything about.

That is good they are doing it. Other than that, it seems to be a numbers issue from both your DPS and Healers. They may also be delaying the second lust a bit too far.

+ Reply to Thread