+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Defense Stats addon (New)

Raid Defense Stats addon (New)

I just made an addon to show the Raid buffed stats in-game.
    It works by taking your CURRENT stats and factoring them into giving your raid buffed CTC.
    (It is based on the excellent DefStats but gives more information )

It makes a few assumptions:
    1. you will get MOTW or Kings in a raid
    2. You will get BS or HoW in a raid
    3. You use either feasts (+90 dodge) or Lavascale Minestrone (+90 Mastery).

If you Hover over the 'Raid CTC' info in your defense stats on the paperdoll, the tooltip tells you 2 things:
    1. Your CTC if you use mastery food.
    2. your CTC if you use Feasts to gain 90 dodge instead.
    (In both cases it includes MOTW/Kings and BS/HoW into the equation)
    This is then broken down into Your Dodge%, Parry% and block% so you can see your Parry: dodge ratio when buffed.

**NOTE**
    1. Do not have BS/HoW/Kings/MOTW/Food Buffs present when testing as the addon assumes your current stats are unbuffed ( I plan to fix this in a futurre release to check and factor in current buffs).
    2. if you use 'Resolve of undying' or a similar trinket, go hit a target dummy until you get the 10 stacks before checking the stats (I plan to fix this too in a future release to add the 10 stacks of whatever version you have equipped into the results).

The addon can be downloaded from:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raid-defense-stats

RaidDefenseStats.jpg

Addon Updated.
    Fixed a bug with calculating Pally Block from mastery (used the wrong factors)

BIIIG Improvement..... Added a window to change your stats on-the-fly.
    You can change your strength, dodge, parry and mastery ratings and teh readings in the Character pane update automatically to let you know the effect of the changes .... nice if you want to regem or reforge or enchant and want to know what your stats will be BEFORE spending all that hard earned gold ....

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raid-defense-stats

RaidDefenseStats2.jpg

2 things, the CTC calculation gives the same number for mastery, parry and dodge food. All values need to be different because parry and dodge have DR, and at different values based on which is higher. For instance last week before all of these improvements I used your tool to regem some more epic stamina. As a result using parry and dodge food, I was at 102.3%, whereas the addon had me around 102.7. I figured out the reason for this is it only uses the mastery food for its data. This is a major flaw in my opinion and I request that you have the buffed CTC frame show on 3 different lines which allows to see your buffed CTC for each different food (there should only be 3 used realistically anyway). Luckily my gear is decent enough I was able to reforge some parry to dodge and reach the cap while still using food of choice, so it's really not a huge deal if you're ilevel 397+, but below that could cause issues.

2nd, is there a way to hide the new window? I have no use for it at all and it doesn't fit with my skinned theme. I have not looked in-game for the option as the servers are down but this would also be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Addon is now updated and modified.
    it actually fixes both your issues without even seeing this post

the options window is now openable/closeable by clicking a new button on your character pane.
    there is only one line now on the 'Defense' stats pane which updates as you input changes.
    You can now select which buffs to apply so there is no need for the 3 lines you suggested.
    I tidied up the tooltip so it wasnt a huuuuuge lonk line of info... more like the standard tooltips now.
    Added Dodge: parry ratio info to the tooltip for those wishing to check it.
    There was a minor flaw in calculations due to me rounding at a different point in the formulae than blizzard were, but that is sorted now.

Much, much improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

more improvements up now.
    You now can select what buffs you get in a raid instead of assuming everyone gets/uses the same ones.
    It now checks your current buffs, and if you try to select that from the raid buffs list, it doesent factor it in and lets you know that you already have that buff (or a similar one).
    It will only check for lvl 85 'well fed' buffs - otherwise the list is waaaaaay to long to go through. I may change this in the next version though

Just uploaded a new version to curse and wow interface.

Version 2.4
    Now includes the ability to see the result of changing your gems without having to work out all the stats you would be changing (you still need to input manually any changes to the socket bonus if you gain/lose the bonuses). 4 dropdown boxes with 18 gem selections in each and an option for the amount of each gem.....
    e.g.
    You could see what the effects on your stats are by removing 6 Fine Ember topaz and replacing them with 2 Fractured Lighstone and 4 fractured Amberjewels.....

RaidDefStats.jpg

+ Reply to Thread