+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy paladin cooldowns.

Holy paladin cooldowns.

Hey guys,

In your opinion when is the best time to use paladins CD Iv been lead to belive that as holy paladin my cooldowns should always be on CD is this correct. Please help as i'v been told so many different things.

Icaurs

Do you mean healing increase cooldowns (Divine Favor, Guardian of Ancient Kings) or regen cooldowns (Divine Plea etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Icarusexile View Post
    Iv been lead to belive that as holy paladin my cooldowns should always be on CD is this correct.
    Just imagine: boss hits for 1 damage for 90% of the fight and for 10 damage during the remaining time, when do you want your healing increasing cooldown? The "rule" is rather simple for tanks and healers: hit your cooldowns when you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Just imagine: boss hits for 1 damage for 90% of the fight and for 10 damage during the remaining time, when do you want your healing increasing cooldown? The "rule" is rather simple for tanks and healers: hit your cooldowns when you need them.
    If you don't need them, you use them on CD to top healing meters ;P
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Guardian + DF + int potion + AW + int use trinket for massive burst healing that nobody can beat is fun, I'll grant you that.

I meant regen CD's. Does anyone have any good marcos that will help my combind them?

I use Divine Plea early in fights so I can get as many uses as possible per fight; on Madness, for example, I use it on each Platform change. I have the 4 piece bonus (I realize that you only need the 2 piece) so I tend to use Divine Favor early in fights like Ultra or during the shadow damage phase of the ping pong boss. AW I'll pop when I use DP - it's habit and probably a bad one. Guardian I save as an my "Oh shit" cooldown.

Basically, unless you're out to top the meters by blowing everything at once, it's a matter of feel for the fight. Only thing I can say is don't wait on Divine Plea, I'm of the school that believes in using it early and often - but that comes from 2 healing Cho'gall pre-nerf when you were scrapping for mana by the end if you didn't have DP available.

I have Avenging Wrath, Divine Plea, Arua Mastery, Divine Favor and my Trinkets all in the same marco. I'v combined Avenging Wrath with devine plea to offset the 50% reduction in healing when iv popped Divine Plea. Is this a good idea or should I have them seperated?

I have Avenging Wrath, Divine Plea, Arua Mastery, Divine Favor and my Trinkets all in the same marco.
    I personally wouldn't. There are times where you want to use Aura Mastery as a raid cooldown.

Also depends on what trinkets you are using. Some, like the JP trinket (I can't remember the name with on-use spirit) can be used as a second mana cooldown. I used my DP/AW macro one minute, used that trinket the next minute, and just cycled back and forth like that.
    If it's an intellect or spell power on-use trinket, it can be used with your cooldowns if you wanted that extra increase or it can be used for it's own mini-cooldown.

I'v combined Avenging Wrath with devine plea to offset the 50% reduction in healing when iv popped Divine Plea. Is this a good idea or should I have them seperated?
    I do this. I have them separate on my bars in case I want to use one without the other, but I hardly do. I use the macro all the time.
    Bears are strong.

In that case then should I combined my trinkets together in a single marco. and the same again with Arua mastery and Divine favor?

You really shouldn't Macro CDs together unless you are only ever going to use them together, like AW and DP.

Are there any others that should be Marco together other then AW and DP

+ Reply to Thread