+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Help - Need a Good Website

Druid Help - Need a Good Website

So, I rolled a Worgen Druid on my Alliance server (my son and I did realm transfers of our Horde toons to what is now our Horde server) and that freed up a slot so I made a Druid. Now I have to ask, how the hell do I spec it and heal on it.

Anyone know of a good website dealing with Druids I can consult? I went to Noxxic and took a look at their Resto spec and it just didn't seem right based on what I would intuitively take. I'm starting to think Noxxic kind of sucks.

I presently heal on a Pally, Disc Priest and Shammy so healing is not foreign to me, but HoTs may take some getting used to.

www.theincbear.com is a good one. Mainly for tanking, but they cover resto too.

Great, thanks.

I think http://restodruid.info/ could be a good start.
    And http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-VP-gear-List when you will ding 85 and start to gear up
    http://restoisepic.com/?page_id=41 is also nice

You can find this link on theincbear, but http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-healing-guide/

Also, I can't understand how anyone can deal with the casting animations of worgens. I NEED to play a feral druid if I'm worgen. Even the few times I need to rez on my worgen feral make me cringe.
    Bears are strong.

Do be careful on a lot of these sites however. Even on sites dedicated to a single spec there is an aweful lot of misinformation. For example, restodruid.info still doesn't explain the Omen of Clarity proc correctly.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Thanks all.

I don't particularly like Worgens, but I have a Nelf Warrior and I just hate Nelfs more. Also, I wanted to see the Worgen starting zone and quests (I've done the Undead). Don't know if I'll go kitty, chicken or bear - something about turing a dog into a cat that just doesn't feel right.

When I server transfered by Tauren Pally to open a slot on my Alliance server I sent all the BoA's with him which included all my leather agility BoAs. I could buy the helm and back, but right now I have a 4 piece caster leather BoA so it's looking like Resto/Chicken until I get a few more JP.

I have Pally, Warrior, DK tanks so naturally this guy will be a Bear - but, I do like Boomkins - I'm so torn.

P.S. I made a Belf Warrior on my Horde server - it made it a female just, well, 'cause I thought all Belfs were female; I really hate Belfs more than Nelfs and Worgens.

Well if you're thinking about Balance let me save you the trouble of looking. Just go to ElitistJerks and read Hamlet's guide. While some specs on EJ are hit or miss, for Balance it is actually the best source despite there being like a dozen Balance dedicated sites out there (most of them have incorrect information).

P.S. In my experience, any Druid that calls himself/herself a boomkin doesn't actually play Balance correctly. Don't be that guy.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Thanks. I'll check it out. EJ can be really confusing at times; good to know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Crittable View Post
    Also, I can't understand how anyone can deal with the casting animations of worgens. I NEED to play a feral druid if I'm worgen. Even the few times I need to rez on my worgen feral make me cringe.
    1000 other things to look at during a boss fight and you watch the cast animation...
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    1000 other things to look at during a boss fight and you watch the cast animation...
    Not much makes me cringe... this does. Luckily, since I'm a bear, I don't rez often.
    Bears are strong.

+ Reply to Thread