+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thunderfury was nice, but...

I want a legendary shield. I don't care if it breaks the game as long as I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    I want a legendary shield. I don't care if it breaks the game as long as I have it.
    See this is the problem. Its the problem that got us into WoWC. People want something, kids in a candy store. Grabbing and grabbing and grabbing and not worrying about a stomach ache.

Give us hard 5 mans they say, then we get 1.8 million players who quit.
    Buff mages, now we have MPR teams who are rolling to glad on orange sticks.
    Now you ask for a tank legendary, next thing we know we get only 1 class that can tank at high end for the rest of the xpack.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Now you ask for a tank legendary, next thing we know we get only 1 class that can tank at high end for the rest of the xpack.
    DK in Ulduar - then the nerf bat comes flying and next thing we know "DK's suck, you can't tank."

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    DK in Ulduar - then the nerf bat comes flying and next thing we know "DK's suck, you can't tank."
    Case and point, legendaries cause foreseeable issues with game balance. That wasn't even a legendary, that was a nerf. Its the dumbest things honestly, fans wanting things based on nothing more then irrational, emotionalism, and blizzard feeling like it is what their customers want.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Yup wasn't a legendary it was two great short cool downs for Frost IBf and, oh what the hell was the other one, Unbreakable Armor I think. Coupled with AMS, DK we're fun. Then they went way too far.

But I think legendary weapons are here to stay. I don't feel strongly either way really; some people are really into that stuff and I don't think the effect of balance is enough for Blizzard to stop doing them.

Yup wasn't a legendary it was two great short cool downs for Frost IBf and, oh what the hell was the other one, Unbreakable Armor I think. Coupled with AMS, DK we're fun. Then they went way too far.
    Yeah unbreakable armor as frost, and IBF (shield wall), then they had their AMZ, couldn't you even hit bone shield with that build lol? I remember it was best describe as beating on a chunk of ice.

Sadly legendaries are here to stay. I would like it to change but, it won't. Like many things in the world.

I remember reading something about this on the Warcraft Forums. He mentioned a lot of nonsense about how Shield-tank legendaries is unfair to DK's and Druids and blahblahblah.
    But if Druid tanks get a legendary, the Hunters will want it. Then if DK's get one, Warriors and Retadins will want it. Vicious circle of shit Blizzard has created.

They ramble. They could easily remedy that, I'm sure.

Everyone wants a legendary. A legendary is loot drama on steriods, when ever you make a weapon orange it will destory guilds, homes, and families just because its orange. That's the biggest problem with them, sure people get envious and say "Class X has it and I have that weapon slot why can't I just use it too?!" Isn't nearly as important as a legendary just locks players into 100% attendance of raids for the next 8 months, and will cause MASSIVE drama else where because only 1 players will likely get it per tier.

Also tank legendaries are basically out of the question since a 25 man guild will make about 4 during a tier, and a 10 man guild will make half of one. So the following tier 25 man guilds will have a massive leg up on progress.

Unless they make the legendary progression the same for 25 man and ten man raids, so that a halfway decent raid will get their first tank legendary halfway through the tier, and the second at the end of the tier. Then neither would have an advantage going into the next raid tier.

Both formats only use two tanks, so you don't need 25 man to produce legendary tank weapons twice as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    ^ this

I'd personally prefer they just stop adding legendaries to the game. They only break things.
    What about making them really rare drops again like in Burning Crusade? But rather then having one legendary in a raid for one class, make legendary weapons that can be used by multiple classes like a feral/hunter/enhance staff or a mastery based 2 hand weapon for plate DPS? I think part of the problem is stat priority for some specs really hampers the value of having a legendary weapon. Let's face it, Shadowmourne was weaksauce for stat priority for Retribution until they ditched Armor Penetration as a stat, however it was still LOL God Mode because of the proc effect.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    This times like...infinity.

Legendaries are the WORST idea for items in the game. I wish they hadn't done the rogue ones, but since they have I certainly hope they're the LAST ones they do.
    I have to this is what I think. Legendaries are a really bad idea in my opinion.
    wow sidekick---safely getting decent gears

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    But rather then having one legendary in a raid for one class, make legendary weapons that can be used by multiple classes like a feral/hunter/enhance staff or a mastery based 2 hand weapon for plate DPS?
    Kind of like The Battered Hilt was, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24796. But make it legendary.

Then instead of 1 totally unbalanced weapon, they have 4-5 totally unbalanced weapons. I'm not sure how that would pan out, but I'm guessing any team that didn't give them to the dps would ultimately lose out on progress rankings. Unless, of course, they change tank scaling so that getting more gear actually does something for your survivability. The only thing that has changed for me since getting block capped in firelands is my health pool has gone up and I have gained a minor amount of extra damage.

I'm going to venture a guess here, but I don't think Blizzard takes progress rankings into account when they do these things.

But the players do. And any legendary that would be an upgrade to a dps, would go to a dps, because there are no tank check bosses anymore, only stuff like Spine that requires massive burst dps.

Yeah, but players also want Oranges more than Purples so Blizz will keep making them. I don't think it bothers Blizzard to have one class for a bit of an expansion have a slight edge because of a legendary, I think they like it in fact - it makes legendary's, well, legendary.

Nobody who's had to make (or be part of making) the decision about who gets a lengedary (even if it's not the first...even if it's the second or 3rd) wants a legendary. They are nothing but drama magnets...and for not-unreasonable reasons either...do you give it to the guy who "deserves it" (aka, the guy who's been in the guild longer, doing raids longer, been there for all the progression, is a good guy) or the guy who might make more use of it (aka, the new guy who dps's more (or better), but hasn't been there long, hasn't proved himself as a good solid member of the guild yet)? Both of them have reasonable expectations and arguments for why they should get it...you risk drama either way you decide. Hell, you even risk LOSING one of them if you chose the wrong way.

Why even make that situation come up? What does it add to the game? What's "legendary" about stupid drama?

No brainer, you get pictures and give it to he hottest chick in the guild, in the event of a tie, more skin wins - why is this hard?

No brainer, you get pictures and give it to he hottest chick in the guild, in the event of a tie, more skin wins - why is this hard?
    What was that, world first 9/9 T3? Elluna, she was on my old server at the time (Shattered Hand). Featured in the Project X Video release that was on Death and Taxes forums for such a long time. I think it may qualify as CP since she might have been underage. So don't watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

T3 is long before my time, so I can't even say someone stole my idea.

+ Reply to Thread