+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1 tank 2 heal H-Yorsahj 10m

1 tank 2 heal H-Yorsahj 10m

We just got to H-Yorsahj and we're going to try 1 tanking and 2 healing it. We only got a few attempts on it tonight since we finally killed morchok (granted it was our first REAL night at attempting him). Anyways, our bear is going kitty since he does about 35k vs me only doing about 26k as ret. We have the following healers: disc priest, resto druid, resto shammy. Our disc priest is going shadow because he's the only one of the healers who can put out the damage needed. Our other healers dps specs are like 15-20k max. He's doing almost 32k.

Anyways, back to the tanking. I'm going to glyph divine protection and use my mirror and the indomitable pride (lfr version, normal one won't drop). We're going by this addon for yorsahj for the ooze kill order. What is this exploding at 5 stacks thing? Do I actually get killed or does it just do massive damage to everyone?

Here's an armoy link of myself: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alook/advanced

The following weapons I have are: Souldrinker (normal) and Hand of Morchok (normal).
    Trinkets I have are: Mirror, Indomitable Pride, Spindle, Resolve (lfr), Stay of Exec, Fire of Deep and quite a few dps trinkets (creche, eye, etc).
    Galook - Dwarf Paladin - US Nazgrel

I don't have that much experience on 10man but I belief you want to bring a holy pally for beacon heals or a dk tank. Without 1 of those 2 specs you might struggle a bit on purple. But maybe someone with more 10man experience can say if a pally tank+ resto shammy/druid is a viable setup.

5 stacks of deep corruption will do aoedamage to the whole raid.

As for gear I would go with souldrinker, mirror and indomitable pride.

I'd suggest going 1 tank 3 heals, with the 5% debuff on the boss you should be able to manage the DPS requirements without much difficulty and that third healer proves a huge help.

The only dk tank we have is mine, but it's def. nowhere near geared for hard modes. If it was I would swap that out in a heartbeat for it. And our dps is still borderline. The boss was at like 65% 5 minutes into the fight with 2 melee staying on the boss the whole time and everyone else and the tank killing ooze and the ooze would died RIGHT AT the boss, a second more and it would be absorbed.

Yellow is pretty much the huge tank damage one right? That's the one I want to chain cooldowns on. It didn't really feel like the damage was to intense until we got a yellow, but we only got yellow like once I think these few attempts.

Our group makeup is:

prot pally
    feral kitty
    frost dk
    arms war
    surv/bm hunter
    demo lock
    spriest
    spriest / disc priest mainspec
    resto druid
    resto shammy

The few attempts we tried having the dk/war stay on him all times, while everyone else including tanks killed the ooze. Ooze was dying right at the freaking boss lol. So I think we're going to have the tank adn 1 melee stay on the boss and see if that helps a bit.

Would it be viable to possibly kill off the un-aoeable ooze thing because we got 2 strong aoe heals or no. I'm gonna go see what heals actually trigger deep corruption on me and see if they can't avoid those as well.

EDIT: Logged out in the gear/glyphs/etc I'll be using for it.
    Last edited by BryceE; 02-09-2012 at 05:40 AM.

We DK tank 10 man and usually bring a Holy pally Resto shammy, though last night we swapped the resto shammy for a disco priest, Yellow doubles the rate at which he use his abilities so he stacks voidbolt twice as fast, so yes their is increased tank damage due the dot stacking higher, however yellow also causes voidbolt to become AoE, it still will only stack on its primary target but everyone in the raid will receive a voidbolt to face when Yorsahj uses it. I'm not sure you want to chain CDs on it, you vill certainly want some at high stacks of voidbolt, but early on you might be all right without a CD . The other flip side of yellow is he will use his other abilities twice as fast too, so yello and green will cause double the amount splashes to happen, and red will cause his chain fire thing to go off twice as faster, yellow and Black gives you a second round of adds spawning just before the ooze phase whch can be tricky as peeps tend to spread out for the ooze, and DPS on the ooze is lower due to casts being knocked back. Endeavour to not get Blue and yellow. Yellow is not fun. Nor is it happy.

It's hard to tell if you're struggling for DPS, it does sound like you are, but execute phases can be hard to gather and the number of black phases you have will massively increase the raid DPS requirments. We generally only leave one person on the boss and have the other 7 go for the ooze. The exception is if we have got a mana void previous ooze and are going to have another one this round in which case the DPS who stay on the boss has to get that low instead so e can pop it just after new mana void spawns.

We had a raid DPS of 242k last night, 6 black phases and killed him in 9 minutes 22 seconds. the precvious week we had a raid dps of 235k 6 black phases , and killed him in 9 minutes 43 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
    We just got to H-Yorsahj and we're going to try 1 tanking and 2 healing it. We only got a few attempts on it tonight since we finally killed morchok (granted it was our first REAL night at attempting him). Anyways, our bear is going kitty since he does about 35k vs me only doing about 26k as ret. We have the following healers: disc priest, resto druid, resto shammy. Our disc priest is going shadow because he's the only one of the healers who can put out the damage needed. Our other healers dps specs are like 15-20k max. He's doing almost 32k.

Anyways, back to the tanking. I'm going to glyph divine protection and use my mirror and the indomitable pride (lfr version, normal one won't drop). We're going by this addon for yorsahj for the ooze kill order. What is this exploding at 5 stacks thing? Do I actually get killed or does it just do massive damage to everyone?
    It does massive damage to everyone. You basically will blow up the raid though...if you start mindlessly spamming people up to 5 it will kill you in short order. If you are using a resto shaman he'll need to be careful about healing rain and chain heal...they can add a stack for almost no value. You'll want your holy paladin...er wait you don't have a holy paladin. I guess your resto shaman will need to watch stacks and your health and try to land a huge (mastery will help here, actually) heal very sparsely to keep you up. I understand from our healers (who, I'll grant, are excellent) that it's not that difficult to deal with so long as you pay attention.

Here's an armoy link of myself: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alook/advanced

The following weapons I have are: Souldrinker (normal) and Hand of Morchok (normal).
    Trinkets I have are: Mirror, Indomitable Pride, Spindle, Resolve (lfr), Stay of Exec, Fire of Deep and quite a few dps trinkets (creche, eye, etc).
    The two you have on (mirror/pride) are probably the best for this...unless you happen to have the sindragosa trinket (yeah...the dragon in ICC)...I'm pretty sure I've heard tales of people actually using that on this fight.

Yellow isn't really inherently a big deal...it just doubles whatever the other two do. "Just" I say, as though that's not a big deal...it is, and we tend to kill yellow mostly (there's a mod that tells you what to kill? sounds...dubious to me...I haven't seen such a thing) unless there's a red/green combination (we kill green and stack). We lust on R/Y/Black...that tends to be a lot of damage so our healers want the lust (and we blow things like feral tranq, personal CDs, the whole nine yards).

We 1 tank, 2 heal it...takes us about ... well it depends on who sits, the last one I did we killed in 6:15, but a couple weekes before that we were closer to 7:00. I do recall it being a bit more of a dps check early on though (though, that was like...week 1 of heroics, we were mostly in FL gear then).

The few attempts we tried having the dk/war stay on him all times, while everyone else including tanks killed the ooze. Ooze was dying right at the freaking boss lol. So I think we're going to have the tank adn 1 melee stay on the boss and see if that helps a bit.
    WRT killing the oozes...we have everyone switch (except our shitter rogue who never switches because he's a douche), always have.

As for the mana void, we have our mage (who, is fire for this) or shadow priest work it low during the phase it spawns in and if they call for a bit of help people will just toss an autoattack and/or a single spell on it when they pass by for the next ooze...it doesn't have THAT much health and is fairly simple to burst down in short order. Be cautious rather than aggressive on that...it's easy to kill it (especially w/cleave classes) without intending to...which can easily lead to a wipe.

Would it be viable to possibly kill off the un-aoeable ooze thing because we got 2 strong aoe heals or no. I'm gonna go see what heals actually trigger deep corruption on me and see if they can't avoid those as well.
    Not really sure what "un-aoeable ooze thing" means...we generally kill either green or yellow though. Green if there's a green/red combo, yellow otherwise (except in a few cases where we kill black if it gives us purple + blue + <red or green>). You'll want to stack right up his ass for red though.

un-aoeable ooze = purple I thought. I was tired last night so idk what I was meaning by that lol.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/czj0k8bji59t2pqb/

Anyways, we don't have anyone to pull or bench anyone so yea. The warrior was a pug, only one on alliance side we could actually trust (he's done 1/8h like us) to know the fights. Our usual raid group is: prot pally (me), frost dk, surv hunter, surv/bm hunter (trying to get him to change to surv fulltime), spriest, disc priest (goes spriest for 2 heal fights), resto druid, resto shaman, bear (goes cat on 1 tank fights since he does way more dps than me), demo lock. Not to mention, I always have trust issues on any other tank =/. I'm trying to get them to let me bring my dk in to finish off the week saturday and get him geared so I can sub him in for whatever heroics we need.

And our bear will not bearcat for some reason, even though he's setup to. Tried telling him he should for more dps, but he will not do it. Raid leader has tried telling him, etc. But we can't really not bring him because we have no other tank to pull from. So that's why I usually end up 1 tanking the fights.

Having a DK tank for this fight is the way to go. Having DS and AMS plus a 4 piece is OP. Good Luck!
    Heads I lose, tails I lose? Quick, give that coin to one of those annoying street performers.

I tank this as a DK and I rotate 4p glyphed VB, AMS, Mirror every ooze phase. I start cds at 3 stacks of void bolt usually. VB at 3, AMS at 4, Mirror when AMS falls off. This is about when he starts calling new oozes. I stay on the boss DS'ing until stacks fall off then go help kill the ooze.

It's really pretty easy unless healers forget to toss you a heal once in a while. While our self healing kicks ass on this fight, we still need a heal or two when void stacks get high.

Well I really dont know how to help you cause we do Hyorshaj with 3 healers, 1 for tank, 1 for melee and 1 for ranged. The only other thing I can say is that your gemming is off so much that its not even funny...

+ Reply to Thread