I don't know if I should it post it here or at off topic. Since it's a question about World of Warcraft, I will post it here.

Hello, I am DaniŽl Meijer, a master student psychology. I am conducting research about World of Warcraft for my masterthesis.

I play World of Warcraft myself for a couple of years now. My belief is that if you ever took part in a raid team, you know what teamwork is:
∑ Working together with 10 or 25 people to defeat the most evil and challenging bosses
∑ Situations where one of the team fails, the whole team wipes
∑ Teams that work together towards a common goal!

Games like WoW require skills, coordination, and teamwork-just like any other task in the real world. Fortunately, social scientists are becoming more and more interested in WoW, particularly because it is (in some way) so similar to many real world endeavors. Personally, for example, I believe that many business teams in organizations can learn a thing or two from Raid Teams. With my research I want to add something positive and constructive to the image of WoW and the image of gamers in general, showing the world that games can be inspiring and something you can learn from. My research focuses on team processes and differences in performance of teams.

In Organizational Psychology there is much interest in team processes. With this research I want to add something to this literature. This research is part of a bigger project which is under supervision of the University of Groningen, the Netherlands. This project is being led by Dr. E.F. Rietzschel, who is also my supervisor.

Some raid teams already found the questionnaire at http://www.raidingresearch.co.uk/?p=1338. This is a research website from Ms. Cockshut who is working on her PhD.

The link to the questionnaire is: https://ugroningenbss.qualtrics.com/...JYO1Y01cH104f2

Some extra information about the questionnaire:
Taking the questionnaire will take approximately 20 to 25 minutes of your time. Your answers will be anonymous. We will ask you in which Raid Team you play, because we need to be able to see which people play in the same Raid Team. Your participation is highly appreciated, but of course it is entirely voluntary. I will keep the questionnaire open until the 15th of March 2012. If you havenít got the chance until then to enter the questionnaire, please donít be hesitant to contact me.

Please inform your fellow raid members as well. This research is about teams, so it would be nice if we can analyze teams that are complete.

I sincerely hope you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

If you have any questions, you can reach me by e-mail:

DaniŽl Meijer
d.s.meijer@student.rug.nl
or
wowrugraidresearch@gmail.com