+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soloing with a Warrior

Soloing with a Warrior

Hello everyone! I've been a long time reader here at Tankspot, and have gotten a ton of wonderful information from you guys via lurking in the shadows. But now I break through the clouds and have to ask all of you about soloing as a warrior.

For 4.3(.2) *the patch, not 0.86 for all you nerds out there..* what would be some good tricks/specs/gear choices/enchant choices for soloing successfully as a warrior? We have various talents that aid us, but little else. (such as self heals, bubbles etc)

I ask because with new content slowly coming to a close for Cataclysm, we iron-clad demigods need something to satiate our passive need to commit pixellated genocide. So what better way than to farm old rep, get transmog gear and achievements! But alas, we may not always have our pocket healer with us so that spurs this inquiry from you fine folks!

Any advice? Any tips? Any references? (links/guides etc)

Neat trick: Rallying Cry/Last Stand + Enraged Regeneration after you've reached about 50% health. Using either Rallying Cry or Last Stand (if you're grinding as Prot) will boost your total HP and Enraged Regeneration regenerates 30% of your total health (which you just temporarily boosted) over 10 seconds. Its a great way to maximise your health gained during a boss fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

I've been able to run quite a bit of stuff as a fury warrior with TG. Spec out with talents boosting self-heals, glyph for it too, and you can do quite a bit. I've found the main thing being biting off the right sized pieces. A fair example being Mag Terrace. I CAN pull a whole room sometimes.... and get away with it about 80-90% of the time. I'd say the key is approaching encounters with a plan as to how you want to tear it down.

There's some stuff you just can't solo though. Black Temple.... reliquary of souls or whatever that boss is.... second phase is a killer. Same with Gorefiend. Just has some mechanics that are nasty. Same is true of BWL..... first boss is pretty much the killer as you "can't" solo it (not without someone MC'ing the boss).

There are some good challenges out there though.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Excellent responses! Thank you!

I haven't really even considered TG. That might be a decent way to tackle it. Regarding the two weapons, would you enchant them with Mending? Perhaps helping all the bit more? And also, with Victory Rush, I haven't tried...but do you have to still kill something that yields experience or honor in order for it to proc? Or can you kill a level 70 baddie and still be able to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    I've been able to run quite a bit of stuff as a fury warrior with TG. Spec out with talents boosting self-heals, glyph for it too, and you can do quite a bit. I've found the main thing being biting off the right sized pieces. A fair example being Mag Terrace. I CAN pull a whole room sometimes.... and get away with it about 80-90% of the time. I'd say the key is approaching encounters with a plan as to how you want to tear it down.

There's some stuff you just can't solo though. Black Temple.... reliquary of souls or whatever that boss is.... second phase is a killer. Same with Gorefiend. Just has some mechanics that are nasty. Same is true of BWL..... first boss is pretty much the killer as you "can't" solo it (not without someone MC'ing the boss).

There are some good challenges out there though.
    One of the best parts about Mag Terrace is you can skip whole rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    Same is true of BWL..... first boss is pretty much the killer as you "can't" solo it (not without someone MC'ing the boss)
    Actually we (warriors) are the only class who can solo BWL without any form of exploit, specc prot & bloodcraze and mindcontrol the boss while the mobs hit you -> healing aggro is enough to keep the boss alive. Takes some time to get used to it but i've a lot of fun doing so and it's TONS of gold for clearing the whole thing.

We can solo some stuff, fury specc + bloodcraze + 2x souldrinker (mending) clearly helps and don't be shy using drums, resistance elixir, fortitute scrolls or prepots to pull some things off...

Vanilla
    +MC (T1)
    +BWL (T2)
    +AQ20
    +AQ40 (T2.5 - till twins, maybe they are possible with 25% ms and DS gear - wasn't there since t11. C'thun isn't possible without exploits)

TBC
    +all 70's heroics
    +Kara, Mag, Gruul (T4 - Maulgar can be a bitch)
    ~SSC (T5 couldn't pull off lurker, Vashj is tough)
    +TK (T5 - yes Kael included but he's difficulty 6/5 Barely worth the effort, just bring a friend's alt and help him with on of yours)
    ~BT (T6 - at least some of them, doubt you can kill RoS before the aura kills you)
    +Hyjal (T6 - Rage Winterchill is the hardest one, waves are just nerving. Taunt gargs and run some yards back -> they will come at you)
    -Sunwell (T6, only trash for recipes)

WotLK
    +all 80 5 mans (80's are actually rather easy due to victory rush)
    ~VoA (Emalon, Koralon -> mount!)
    ~Naxx (T7 most of spider wing and a few other wing starting bosses)
    +Sartharion (no +3 sadly)
    ?Malygos (haven't tried him yet, saw videos of other classes pulling this off "easily")
    ?Ulduar (T8 Levithan is easy even on 25m, but rest is rather hard due to their healthpools)
    -Ony
    -ToC (T9)
    -ICC (T10)

Cata
    ??? some regular 5 mans maybe, Vortex Pinnacle and Stonecore might be interesting for the mounts but i can't comment on them
    Last edited by klausi; 02-06-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Quite a comprehensive list there! I'll give those a try!

Last night I did spec into fury, put a couple of mending enchants on and glyphed for it. I wasn't able to test drive, as I was clearing BT (Got the MH Warglaive!) and began in on Ulduar with a few guildmates.

The buff items are a very good idea - I'll begin working on stocking those.

+ Reply to Thread