+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any solid fire mages care to tell me what I am doing wrong on gear?

Any solid fire mages care to tell me what I am doing wrong on gear?

I might be able to get lfr logs or something for this soon, but if someone could give my toon the once-over with the why's I would appreciate it. Thanks.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fublast/simple

Just don't feel I'm doing as much dps as I should. Purely based on my other dps toons with similar gear levels.

Your gear looks pretty solid, on the surface. Your using haste gems when your reforging to crit. Your also using hybrid gems when the socket bonus is below 20 in (which results in a int gain). Also your using haste to boots which is only good if your stone wall'ing progress on ultraxion. Otherwise movement speed will always win out.

Some logs of your raiding would always help, cause on the surface nothing really looks wrong.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Yeah, the gems are from when I was using <guilty look> askmrrobot </guilty look>. It was constantly recommending haste everything. Going back to here and EJ, it seems that I should stop at no more than 2005 haste. I used wowreforge to get to 2005 haste and went crit the rest of the way. Wasn't sure that I understood everything correctly but it seemed to boil down to 2005, as long as you have the 5% spell haste buff, gives you the extra tick on combustion and any caps after that are nearly unreachable. The article made that sound difficult but it seems I reached that quite easily. I wasn't sure if there is a crit number I should be trying to maintain while getting haste up or some other reason it might be harder than it seems.

Yeah without seeing logs I really don't know what more to say. I know at lower gear levels fire isn't as good since you either get a lot of haste or a lot of crit, but not a lot of either.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

+ Reply to Thread