+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Tanks

Paladin Tanks

Ok I am very confused, I have been asking around I just started tanking, and I been asking other paladins do you need hit and expertise and they are telling me no. I have looked at this site and maintankadin and elistest jerk and it all says hit and expertise and if I do what are the caps.

Hit 8% and Expertise 26 to take dodge off the table; but you don't really need them. Strive for full Combat Table Coverage, don't worry bout hit/expertise.

Where do EJ and MTadin say "gear for 8% hit and 26 exp"? They say that for the maximum threat output these caps are necessary, but do not recommend gearing so under "normal" circumstances.

You can tank perfectly well with 0 hit and 0 expertise. In fact, that is something I am trying to get, but there is so much damn expertise and hit on tanking gear >.>

I was wondering if you can look up my characte rin the armory kaleion stormrage and alliance and what I need to improve on him gem was and enchants cause I am trying to get block capped. and thank you for the info on hit and expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Talents:
    2/2 Reckoning > Rule of Law (according to Theck's math in Fetzie's guide) if you want to keep WoG

Gear:
    Head: gem full Mastery, reforge Parry > Dodge
    Neck: reforge Expertise > Dodge
    Cloak: enchant 250 armor, reforge Parry > Dodge
    Chest: enchant 55 or 75 stamina, red socket could be parry/mastery reforge Parry > Dodge
    Bracers: gem Mastery Chimera's Eye
    Gloves: try to upgrade to 65 Mastery, get a Fractured Chimera's Eye in the BS socket, either replace the other one with parry/mastery or full mastery
    Belt: prismatic socket could do with a Fractured Chimera's Eye
    Legs: replace blue socket with sta/mastery, reforge parry > dodge
    Boots: reforge Parry > Mastery
    Both trinkets are stamina + use/proc avoidance, some more baseline mastery could be useful here (or dodge/parry which you can reforge)
    Weapon: reforge Parry > Dodge
    Relic: reforge should be Parry > Mastery, not Dodge.

General rule of thumb is:
    Don't socket for expertise/hit bonus
    Stat prio for gear is Mastery > Parry=Dodge > Hit/Exp
    Reforge Parry & Dodge so their ratings are as close as possible to each other. Close means 15 rating, not 1501!

That's what I got at first glance from your profile. Use Fetzie's guide & CTC spreadsheet to help you more on perfecting your gear without wasting stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Moved to HALP.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Moved to HALP.
    And Kaz strikes again with his hammer of correctness.

Anyway, yeah Hit and Expertise are not needed outside of Heroic Raid content. And even then it depends on raid
    composition/DPS/strategy. Threat should never be a problem outside of the first 5 seconds of combat. Now and then you'll get a unlucky (you) pull, miss, parry, dodge, miss VS Fury Warrior Crit Crit Crit! Weapon Proc! But those are secluded few and far between incidents and you'll either recover within a few seconds or have a VERY short boss attempt. Either way I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Threat should never be a problem outside of the first 5 seconds of combat. Now and then you'll get a unlucky (you) pull, miss, parry, dodge, miss VS Fury Warrior Crit Crit Crit! Weapon Proc! But those are secluded few and far between incidents and you'll either recover within a few seconds or have a VERY short boss attempt. Either way I wouldn't worry about it.
    Taunt and then press Hand of salvation

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Taunt and then press Hand of salvation
    Yeah, that would be the recover.

+ Reply to Thread