+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Codec Issue

Codec Issue

Playing around with fraps footage i noticed an interesting bug. I feel they all relate the same overarching bug.

1) Every format is suddenly unsupported by windows media player. I tried re-registering every .dll in my C: drive and it didn't help

2) When I open fraps footage in VLC its perfect no problem what so ever.

3) When I open fraps footage in Vegas it works (sorta). I lose several seconds of video. Namely fraps spits out 2 minute and 20 seconds bits, but in Vegas I get 1 minute and 46 second clips.

That being said I'm at a complete and total loss. So any help would be appreciated.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

hrm, you could try reinstalling your codecs? Sometimes when windows does updates, it breaks or replaces unknown files for it's WMP. Community Codec Pack is the best as far as I know, and it's pretty stable and trustworthy.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thats the thing KZ, Both my tower and lappy are running the cccp codec pack. My tower literally can't do anything with media files (with windows media player everything is unregistered so it doesn't recognize mp3, avi, etc.) yet everything works fine in VLC (including raw fraps footage). So when I try to edit with windows movie maker everything breaks since all those formats are unregistered (I've tried registering them but no luck), and when I toss it in sony vegas it works(-ish) except it uses a static frame rate so my video's lose a coupe of seconds over their duration and it causes audio sync issues.
    Yet on my laptop same codec package (cccp 64 bit) and everything works perfectly, the only problem being the lappy is a single core and it takes about 5 hours to render a full 1080p+ video with audio and editing it laaagggs.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

+ Reply to Thread