+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is going over ctc with dodge/parry procs bad ?

is going over ctc with dodge/parry procs bad ?

Ok......if im ctc capped and i get procs like windwalk this pushes out my mastery and takes me well above the ctc cap with dodge.....question ive got here is can i take windwalk off any replace it with a dps increase enchant ??

A friend of mine has shown me a artical on EJ that kinda gives this impression ?

Extra Dodge or Parry turns 69% hits (normal blocks) and 38% hits (crit blocks) into 0% hits. It is most definitely worth using.

Is this for pala's also ?

Yes. Procing dodge/parry over the CTC cap is ok. proccing mastery above thew CTC caps is kinda meh for warriors and totally worthless for paladins. Passively being above the CTC cap for either class is lazy and really indicates you should regem.reforge better to bring you closer to the cap

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Yes. Procing dodge/parry over the CTC cap is ok. proccing mastery above thew CTC caps is kinda meh for warriors and totally worthless for paladins. Passively being above the CTC cap for either class is lazy and really indicates you should regem.reforge better to bring you closer to the cap
    Sorry a little confused why is it lazy to be passively CTC capped? I thought that was a good thing?

He said being passively above the cap.

Being more than about 0.2-0.3% over the cap is lazy because you could get closer to 102.4% with reforging/different gems

I balance my CTC with the 90 dodge food. This has three advantages: Fish Feast buffs it. The stand-alone food is dirt cheap (I picked up 40 stacks for 1g20 per stack in the summer). It isn't as much of a loss if you die and get CR'd as if you were using the 90 mastery food.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotor View Post
    Sorry a little confused why is it lazy to be passively CTC capped? I thought that was a good thing?
    Means unbuffed. Usually you want to be capped with food, kings, battle shout instead of unbuffed so that you can add in more stamina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I actually meant passively as in without any tempory buffs or procs (wind walk, trinkets shield block, etc) but with things like kings/shout/food and elixir (if you use them), though Dreador's definition makes better sense. I wouldn't gem reforge around being CTC capped unbuffed, as that's a fair whack itemization wasted when I am fully buffed (what fully buffed means depends on your raid group, though as its only kings, battle shout and food it shouldn't be difficult to acquire).

Is there any way to tell what you'll be at for CTC with buffs? I'm considering "buffed" something simple like you stated, mastery/stamfood, kings, and battle shout. Right now, I sit at 100.48% CTC unbuffed and wanna know when I can start re-gemming into some Stam.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%90z/advanced <-- Link for comparison.

Is there any way to tell what you'll be at for CTC with buffs?

Download the spreadsheet linked in my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Being more than about 0.2-0.3% over the cap is lazy because you could get closer to 102.4% with reforging/different gems

I balance my CTC with the 90 dodge food. This has three advantages: Fish Feast buffs it. The stand-alone food is dirt cheap (I picked up 40 stacks for 1g20 per stack in the summer). It isn't as much of a loss if you die and get CR'd as if you were using the 90 mastery food.
    Thanks for the clarification make more sense now.

+ Reply to Thread