+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CTC Spreadsheets for Paladins and Warriors

I would venture an opinion that it isn't really a very useful exercise, as you cannot benefit from mastery sub level 80 (i.e. your block chance remains static until then) and thus would not be able to reach anything close to full CTC anyway. Unless you want to learn how to use excel spreadsheets and learn about the maths that goes on in the background when you are playing WoW of course.

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/

is the thread you will be needing.

If your over cap as a warrior would you still want a little more mastery because of the crit block? As well as stam because it would not be wasted stat since having a 60% block is better the a flat 30% block? or just go stam?

I think most Warriors are just going the 102.4% --> stamina route. The thing with Paladins is, as soon as you hit 102.4%, mastery becomes worth less than spirit.

Mastery post passive cap is worth about the same as Strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    Mastery post passive cap is worth about the same as Strength.
    Ok thank's for helping me out with that... Strength though? Strength hardly does anything though, thought it would be more on par with say.. Hit? XD

1 Strength (base strength is excluded) = 0.27 parry rating for warriors, paladins and death knights.

I have about 4300 strength unbuffed, which is about 1100 Parry Rating.

I am new to all this tanking..but very keen to learn more. I added my unbuffed information into your spreadsheet. " dodge 2249, parry 2493, mastery 2695, strenght 3692"...my total avoidance & block is 94.93. So the results ask the following: Block to go -7.47 and Mastery to go -595 rating.

Very confused as I just purchased the trinket Fire of the Deep with 458 mastery rating. Yes as I am new..I feel rather stupid not understanding this...As I explain to my children "Life is a learning curve and you are never to old to learn"..thank you.
    Krow.

Which class are you, and which spreadsheet are you using?

The negative value is because you are under the block cap, and would need 595 mastery rating to reach full CTC.

I am using Paladin spreadsheet V 1.2 xls. My class is Paladin Blood Elf..thank you.

If you want some help reaching full CTC, feel free to make a thread in the appropriate forum (HALP! I need advice!). This thread is for discussing the spreadsheets

Remember to set the raid buffs you have available, the drop-down boxes have a list of the most common buffs. If you set blessing of kings, mastery food and battle shout to "yes", you only need another 441 mastery rating to cap your Combat Table Coverage (explained in the guide linked in my signature).

Ok..so I need to find another 595 mastery from new gear I guess. Sad point for me was I had to replace my item lvl 365 trinket with +510 stamina with the item lvl 393 458 mastery rating trinket....Not sure if that is a good trade off...kinda like stamina for survivability. Again thank you for your help Fetzie..You are very wise..and I will refer to you as "The Great Oracle of Knowledge"

Ok..thanks for the update comment - Time stamp 7.47PM. Will move this conversation to suggested appropriate forum.

im working on converting formulae for Microsoft Works. Lol. i have alot of free time.

Quote Originally Posted by wipebegone View Post
    im working on converting formulae for Microsoft Works. Lol. i have alot of free time.
    If you intend on distributing it, please only do so through this thread and with full attribution where appropriate.

/off-topic: people actually still use Microsoft Works? I haven't used that since 1998 or '99.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 07-20-2012 at 05:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread