+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CTC Spreadsheets for Paladins and Warriors

CTC Spreadsheets for Paladins and Warriors

Due to the amount of people asking about CTC and how much they have/need, I have created two spreadsheets, one for Paladins and one for Warriors.

Warrior:
    CTC spreadsheet_War_V_1.2.xls

Paladin:
    CTC spreadsheet_V_1.2.xls

Instructions:

Enter your UNBUFFED Parry, Dodge and Mastery rating amounts into the cells provided. Also enter your unbuffed strength amount into the space provided.

Choose your character's race. In the Warrior spreadsheet you also need to specify a faction due to the way that Excel handles long embedded functions. This is important because each race has a different amount of base strength, which alters the amount of strength that counts towards Parry rating.

Set which buffs you wish to have applied (Mastery elixir, Mastery food, Dodge Food, Blessing of Kings, Battle Shout).

The spreadsheet will then display your CTC with the buffs active. It will also display how much block chance you have too much and mastery rating too much.

You can also add a custom amount of dodge, parry or mastery rating and miss chance in the area at the bottom.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to post them in this thread.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 06-13-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Very nice! Thanks a ton... and just for feedback the numbers match exactly what I got last night fully buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake View Post
    Very nice! Thanks a ton... and just for feedback the numbers match exactly what I got last night fully buffed.
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Good to know it works for you.

fully buffed as a goblin warrior the numbers matxch, unbuffed the CTC is 0.1% lower than the character pane in came returns

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    fully buffed as a goblin warrior the numbers matxch, unbuffed the CTC is 0.1% lower than the character pane in came returns
    I'm assuming this is because of rounding. The character pane shows all chances separately rounded, which you than add up, while the spreadsheet uses the exact float values untill the total CTC is calculated, then rounds it.

PS: I believe you may wish to round DOWN the 4unhittability'/CTC number on the front page, because currently it will tell you that 102.395% will give you Unhittable. Also, when I open the spreadsheet in OpenOffice.org, the file opens up in the second tab at the Miss Chance number (cell Calculations.B10). I assume this is because you had this cell selected when you saved the spreadsheet, might wonna save it with the front page selected next time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Added the rounding down, changed a couple of racial base strength values that were off (4 strength is not going to make a difference to the end result, but things are nicer when they are more accurate ). Versions 1.2 uploaded and saved to a cell on the first page.

Ok i'm confused, does that mean even though i'm sitting at 102.4 on my character pane there's still up to a p[oint 0.005 the bboss can touch my face?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Ok i'm confused, does that mean even though i'm sitting at 102.4 on my character pane there's still up to a p[oint 0.005 the bboss can touch my face?
    Actually, if you are using CTC=Dodge+Parry+Block, you'll have an error of up to 0.015% which is at most one in >6.6k swings. (That's an average of one swing not blocked in an entire raid evening, assuming 2s effective boss swing and a total duration of 3h42min tanking bosses)

The spreadsheet however should now tell you exactly when you capped the combat table using the game's internal accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Mistyped the parry and dodge caps (doesn't mean jack wrt to the actual result, all the changes made are in the fourth-fifth decimal point). Is fixed now.

Firstly, use the most recent version (1.2). The first version had a few issues that I had to polish out. I won't support old versions.

I'm looking into the strength thing

Amazing tool! After working out a couple of glitches in my math, I'm .01% lower on the Character Pane than on the spreadsheet. I'm sure it has to do with rounding. Thanks!

Does the spreadsheet factor in diminishing return tho?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimegs5088 View Post
    Does the spreadsheet factor in diminishing return tho?
    That is the whole idea

I'm curious because the result shown through the spreadsheet is similar to the one shown on my character panel, where it says "before diminishing return"when mouse over the figures.

/shrug

perhaps somebody could help me out here? my alt is Ragescar - Blackrock US.

It is my understanding that the figure in the character panel is your actual avoidance after diminishing returns, and the figure mentioned in the mouse over is the amount of avoidance from ratings before diminishing returns.

This is the character pane display for dodge chance on my Paladin:
    Click on the image to make it bigger.
    WoWScrnShot_021312_150857.jpg

The undiminished dodge chance is on the far right. It is 13.39%.
    The diminished dodge chance is on the upper left. It is 16.54%.

The reason the diminished dodge chance is higher, is because it includes the 5% base dodge chance that every paladin has, which is added in last. It is added in last because that 5% does not diminish. Thus the actual value for my dodge chance from rating is 16.54-5.00 = 11.54%

Did this help?

I really like it a lot. But I would want something like this for my lower level tanks, were could I get some info about the constants and stuf for this? I assume this is only for level 85 warriors, as it says on page "calculations".

You would need to go to EJ, find out the constants and stats per percentage values and possibly any old formulae that change for low-level characters.

ej - with that you mean elitist jerks? and old formulae... and hope that nothing changed during the patches. sounds like hard work indeed. I just might save it for a rainy day...

I will see what I can find, maybe it's easy. Thanks for the push in right direction.

+ Reply to Thread