Thread: Heroic 10 man Hagara the Stormbinder

Heroic 10 man Hagara the Stormbinder

Saw alot of people having trouble healing the lightning phase on the Hagara encounter on heroic so i decided to link one of our kills and hopefully to help someone out.

We just started working on this fight and we've noticed something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. During the frost phase, the Frostflake is hitting for 35-40k each time it's applied, and healers are having trouble keeping up with the heals while dispelling the snare and running from the wave.

I've looked at WoL kills for other guilds and I don't see this happening anywhere. Was this bugged for us or are we missing something obvious?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...ses&boss=55689

You dispell it in the bubble thus there's no other snare, most damage taken should be from Watery Entrenchment (that bubble) instead.

Am I understanding correctly that the aoe snare deals ~38k to everyone it hits it it's first spawned on the outer ring? Doing this with four melee running in and out of the center is going to take forever to kill the crystals

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    You dispell it in the bubble thus there's no other snare, most damage taken should be from Watery Entrenchment (that bubble) instead.
    You mean the person should run off into the bubble, get dispelled and come back on to the ring? Rather than get to the outer edge of the ring to be dispelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    You mean the person should run off into the bubble, get dispelled and come back on to the ring? Rather than get to the outer edge of the ring to be dispelled?
    Yes. Running to the outer edge of the ring means you have a patch of ice on the ground...going into the bubble means you don't. It's the difference between one guy taking some (very healable) damage or everyone taking an icewall to the knee.

Occasionally the guy going into the bubble will need to "fall back" behind the icewall that's behind them, but it's generally not a big deal...and if it becomes trying a healer can just fall back with him.

Cool, thanks, that's good to know, we'll try that tomorrow. Gonna work on skittles and Haggra tomorrow; some people aren't going to be on tonight because of Valentines Day - wusses.

Just a quick question about this.. We attempted this fight as a new Heroic progression guild this past weekend... We didnt do so hot on this fight.. is it possible to split up into 4 teams 3 teams having a heals and the 4th being like my two top DPS and just sending everyone to a crystal. through the middle so they dont have to run around dodging the wall? Just an idea.. what are your thoughts on this? Am I all jacked up to think this will work?

We just have the whole raid running around killing each pylon one after the other. Hardly any raid damage at all.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, could you please explain a little more clearly, where does each team start? where do they head if an ice wall comes round and they don't have they binding crystal done? I mean if i'm getting this right the idea is that each team goes to a binding crystal and the intention is to nuke it before the ice walls rotate 45 degrees? nerfed they have 2 million health for the tank/heal/DPS team thats a pretty steep target.

We just have the entire team go to one crystal, and then run round like Fetzie's Raid, if a person ggets the debuff they duck into the bubble and call for a dispel and then move out again, if they fall behind oneof the healers falls behind with them and thye duck into the bubble and let the ice wall pass.

We tried two different strats, one where the range stood in the center and tried to take out the crystals while the healed through it - it was a freaking disaster. And one where we do what Fetzie does, as long as people aren't stuipd, don't get hit by falling ice and run out when I dispell, there really is no damage to speak of. We run around the circle and beat on the crystals, it's acutally kind of fun and challanging to get the dispels right.

Lightening is a different story, some people are just plain slow in getting to their spots, but with the 25% nerf, even that damage is kind of trivial to heal. But I could see pre-nerf the damage being just insane if people were too slow carrying the ligtening.

for frost phase, if you have a hunter just drop frosted flakes in the raid. keep AoP on and dispel immediately; as long as people stay close to the front wave, it's never an issue. avoid ice and get them all down within two rotations. i don't think splitting up is a good idea.

for lightning, we were forced to change strats this week since we only had two healers available, and i think our new way is much easier (definitely easier to heal). make two lightning teams (two people on each team); everyone else stacks in the middle. the lightning teams start when the add dies and go around the room in opposite directions. assign each healer one team to heal, and keep AoE heals down on the middle group. if you use your most skilled lightning chainers, they will be done very quickly and the debuff doesn't even come into play.

the same strat would work with three healers, but you probably won't need it. and two healers pretty much guarantees you'll only get one of each phase.