+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost dk confused :S

Frost dk confused :S

As the title sais I am rather confused, I know that frost dw should output alot more than frost 2h in dmg but I find im doing more and pulling more as a 2h my current ilvl is 383 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Gaelis/simple hopefully it should load you me pve gear, my current rotation is currently just outbreak/pestilence(when needed) then just ob>fs>hb if procced and uptiming my dots.

The last time I did ds 10 man it was a pug group we did yor'sahj and I finished top of the raid on a 28k I will link a very crude version of the dmg done if possible, my main question is really could 2h beat dw or would my dmg be even higher in dw?

Any input would be appreciated.dps.jpg

There's been talk on my server that 2h is doing better damage than dw these days. Could be that with the better weapons those white damage misses from dw now start to add up, but the math types on here should be able to help you out.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    With the 2H sword from deathwing, you should always see better DPS then DW, the proc is just WAY too good. It was like with Firelands, once a frost DK could get the mace from rag, it became better DPS then DW.

edit: check out this chardev profile.

http://chardev.org/?profile=332311

gain 292 haste, get hit and exp to cap lose 245 mastery(haste is better anyways) gain 386 AP (no buffs ofc), lose 12 crit raiting.
    Last edited by Toushiro; 01-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

It's solely because of the weapon, Gurthalak's procc is just insane - even for a frost DK. But basically Razorice alone still makes up for this:

simmed with v430-8 for your gear/specc vs usual 5/31/5 dw specc with razorice/fc combo and no further gear adjustments:
    34.671 - 2x No'Kaled 390 (6.3% from proccs alone)
    34.235 - 2x Souldrinker 390
    33.866 - 2x Morchok axe 384
    33.445 - 1x Gurth 390 (7.3% from procc alone)

But it's hard to get No'Kaled from LFR with the restrictions (it's afair BiS for every dual wielder except for rogues) and the rest is rather close together. Dual wield misses aren't that bad, you happen to have just so much haste you don't even notice them
    Last edited by klausi; 01-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Ok I wasn't aware of how good the proc was from the 2h just thought it was interesting as I beat a similar geared frost dw in my guild, guess ill stick 2h, only tried it out as they didn't need me to tank so I went my frost os and had a gurthlak so I gave it a try guess it payed off

Thank you very much for your input I still need to enchant it properly just a bit reserved to enchant 378 dung bits
    I will reforge to what charved sais thanks for that toushiro. Guess I will stick 2h.

Wasnt aware how good the procs from the end weapons were I know this is going off topic for a sec but on my rogue I have fear,vengence combo would the proc from no'kaled be worth replacing the mh dagger for im combat rogue btw?

Yes, No'Kaled beats the 397 quest dagger noticeable. You beating the other frost DK's doesn't mean 2h is just better but you got more Rime/KM proccs, timed your cooldowns better etc.

Oh ok best i should try and get it then ok I get what u mean klausi guess I will stick with what im doing. thanks for your input.

+ Reply to Thread