+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Razer nostromo macros mac

Razer nostromo macros mac

Hi guys,
    I was watching the review of the razer nostromo by swifty and he got it to open loads of applications and start wow. Is it possible to do this on a mac and could any1 post the coding required?
    Thanks for the help

That device does support Mac OS X (10.4 or higher). You should note however that some of the software assisted functions of the device can be considered botting. For example I believe the heroic leap example Swifty uses is technically a violation because it sends different hardware interrupts which are not modifiers but rather a sequence of separate events.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    That device does support Mac OS X (10.4 or higher). You should note however that some of the software assisted functions of the device can be considered botting. For example I believe the heroic leap example Swifty uses is technically a violation because it sends different hardware interrupts which are not modifiers but rather a sequence of separate events.
    This is the truth. Even something as simple as DE'ing and looting thing via a g15 macro is grounds for suspension or banning.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

In regard to macros, the only type I'm aware of Blizzard actually approving of is using a single button to execute a key combination. For example, binding an extra button on a G15 keyboard like the G1 button to the key combination Ctrl+1. A key combination is any key with modifiers, which the game interprets as one action. If you make a macro which sends multiple keys either scripted with or without delays it can be considered botting.

Bottom line, it if isn't something you can accomplish in game with a single button, it's not something you should do. The example listed with modifiers of Ctrl+1 you could actually have bound to a single button, so it is ok if you bind that combination to a single button. Swifty's heroic leap software assisted macro does one keyboard keybind and two mouse clicks, this is not something the game allows you to do with a single button press, so is possably a violation of the rules.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Razer nostromo macros mac

Thanks for the replies guys. It's interesting I didn't know that the heroic leap macro is botting. I should have been more clear I meant the macro he create to open his Internet pages and sign him into wow it was a really cool idea that I wanted to try on a mac.
    I understand that this might not be possible but it would be kind of cool.
    Thanks again.
    Edit: so if there is supposed to be a delay between 2 events wouldn't that make cast sequence macros also botting or popping multiple CD's simultaneously also botting? However, I guess if you have to press the button multiple times it's not botting but the multiple cooldown (dps) macros have zero delay unless one of them triggers a gcd.

+ Reply to Thread