+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Yor'sahj 10Man - Not sure if it's healing or dps..

Heroic Yor'sahj 10Man - Not sure if it's healing or dps..

..that is the issue, but we just seem to have hit a wall that sometimes it goes pretty well, then other it just doesn't.
    Last night's Logs

I usually heal our raids first off as disc, but I was asked to go shadow for this fight so they could 2 heal it using a holy paladin and resto druid. So before anyone says straight up that my dps is too low and that's the complete reason we wiped, I don't feel I am the only reason but yes I know my dps is low or a shadow priest, as I said mainly play disc.

Any advice, help, criticism, or just thoughts that you guys could give would be awesome. As I said I am not sure exactly what the issue is, so I marked it down as healing but that could be completely wrong.

It's very hard to unpick from just a log, particularly to see what combinations you had when people were dying.

Is your raid group clear on how to act with each combo? I've switched to using this addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/yors...le-raidwarning because it has the option for your own extra text. I've been using one line for 'hug boss' (if includes red), 'spread out' (if includes green) or 'group up' if it's anything else. The line after, a summary of any other effects. Note that any combination with black + yellow = 2xAdds, and any combo with yellow+red = nasty AOE. It defaults to odd output channels, but raid warning + yell works for me. I also think one of the default heroic combinations might be wierd (killing green rather than red when there are adds).

I would wonder whether h.pal + disc might be the combo I'd prefer rather than pal+druid. We used 2 paladins for our kill, with our resto pulling some respectable numbers in a rarely used offspec (heavily propped up by swipe spamming on adds). Also I note the warrior is fury - he might get better numbers with arms.

Icy veins has a good guide; http://icy-veins.com/yor-sahj-the-un...ailed-strategy
    Last edited by swelt; 01-25-2012 at 07:23 AM.

I took a look at the somewhat longer logs. DPS overall seems a bit low.
    Try 3 tank died, seems lacking some beacon heals and some adds were hitting the resto druid.
    Try 5 tank died and a lot of deep corruption fail.
    Try 7 failed to kill the green ooze.

Tell your dps to step it up and the healers not to blow up the raid

All sound like very plausible suggestions and I appreciate them. I have a yor'sahj addon and have the appropriate message input for each, on whether it's spread or stack as you. The green ooze on the last attempt was a complete fluke because we saw it "blow up" like when you kill them. But apparently it was close enough to the boss that it didn't matter there. As far for the fury warrior, we keep telling him that arms is better right now, it's dps is in a good spot and he should consider it just like the progression raid team warrior did.

His constant reply is "Arms is a pvp spec and doesn't pull the numbers we need so I am staying fury". And while he has a 397 he also has the LFR Gurthalak so he has options for an arms spec, he just does not see reason. Same for the druid whom has not gone for the 2005 haste even after being repeatedly told to do so. But I will make a few adjustments to the raid warnings, and see what we come up with tomorrow when we get back to it.

Arms is in particular better for Yor'sahj...an AoE cooldown is no joke when you get have to deal with a black phase...particularly if you're stuck w/a black+yellow.

Maybe I will try and push arms on him a little more since bladestorm for each black phase could make a big difference. Wouldn't that come out with a sweep strikes+bladestorm every add phase?

It's not just that - Blood and Thunder spreading rend adds up bigtime.

Here's our kill log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=3369&e=3959

The arms warrior topping the damage chart is normally the tank and is doing that with offspec gear.

yeah you pretty much get one off every add phase unless you get alot of back to back add phases. THe CD for summoning adds is about the sae as the CD for a glyphed Bladestorm, the only real problem is the slight delay you get for the adds to all spawn before letting rip. if you get 3 (or more) add phases in a row you may find the Blade storm getting rather noticable out of sync and yeah sweeping strikes will be up every add phase. sweeping strikes you can easily get every time. However its best not to use it at the same time as blade storm. or cleave since neither ability benefit form sweeping strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    yeah you pretty much get one off every add phase unless you get alot of back to back add phases. THe CD for summoning adds is about the sae as the CD for a glyphed Bladestorm, the only real problem is the slight delay you get for the adds to all spawn before letting rip. if you get 3 (or more) add phases in a row you may find the Blade storm getting rather noticable out of sync and yeah sweeping strikes will be up every add phase. sweeping strikes you can easily get every time. However its best not to use it at the same time as blade storm. or cleave since neither ability benefit form sweeping strikes.
    I beg to disagree on the sweeping stakes and bladestorm, blizzard tryed it not proccing sweeping strikes in 4.2 but that was fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Dobraine View Post
    I beg to disagree on the sweeping stakes and bladestorm, blizzard tryed it not proccing sweeping strikes in 4.2 but that was fixed
    I went to the dummies just now, against 3 targets I get 21 attacks with bladestorm. With sweeping strikes and bladestorm I also get 21 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    I went to the dummies just now, against 3 targets I get 21 attacks with bladestorm. With sweeping strikes and bladestorm I also get 21 attacks.
    yeap your right its thunder clap that benefits......maybe I should actually jump over to my warrior more often havent touched him since 4.2

If sweeping strikes stacked with Bladestorm, warriors would get the instant nerf of doom from Ghostcrawler.
    Basically, as your warrior gears into more DS gear, the majority of it really is better for arms (due to high amounts of mastery). Granted, Fury will still have higher burst and will generally scale better with lust, but overall, Arms is going to come out on top in DS with few exceptions.

+ Reply to Thread