+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Help with re-gemming. [Warrior]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,279

    Help with re-gemming. [Warrior]

    Okay, so I have been mucking around with askmrrobot and reforgelite and I'm not too impressed with how both work, so I turned to chardev.

    I recently became CTC hardcapped unbuffed via raidfinder and 10m DS drops this week. I'm at 102.54 unbuffed. Switching a Soulshifter Vortex in while buffed drops me below. Please take a look at my armory and then at the chardev profile and let me know if you think this is cool. If so I already have most of the gems and am ready to change asap. Thanks!

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...usteros/simple

    http://chardev.org/?profile=317429
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    534
    Go with mastery/parry gems in the red sockets and get some epic gems into the items you won't replace quickly like belt/rings. Should allow you to get a little more stamina in there.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,279
    Also I'm about to get my foundations of courage crafted, only going to wear for select fights and pray the t13 gloves drop somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,279
    I think I figured it out, had the crafted legs made and gemmed with 1x mastery, 2x stamina. If I can manage to win a set of the t13 gloves I'll be golden using Fire of the Deep and Soulshifter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    600
    Right now, you're at 98.37 unbuffed. My advice is lose Soulshifter. The proc is useless to shield tanks anyway.
    1) If you're at CTC, it puts you over the cap with more block, which isn't good way of doing things if i'm not mistaken.
    2) If you're not over CTC cap, relying on having either a windwalk, trinket proc or, SB up at all times to keep you over the cap is bad. (It might have a VERY good uptime, but don't go playing with RNG unless you want to get shafted by a boss)

    So yeah, you'd be better off with a mastery/avoidance trinket in both slots and gem'ing stamina than prematurely using a stamina trinket. Let along the trinket that is perfectly designed for Druid/DK. In case you're wondering, the stamina trinket I would recommend is the one with a small absorption shield when you pass below 50% health

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karlsruhe/Germany
    Posts
    4,020
    Warriors continue to get a benefit from mastery beyond full CTC. It increases their critical block chance by 1.5% per mastery, just like before full CTC when it also increased their block chance by 1.5% per mastery.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Right now, you're at 98.37 unbuffed. My advice is lose Soulshifter. The proc is useless to shield tanks anyway.
    1) If you're at CTC, it puts you over the cap with more block, which isn't good way of doing things if i'm not mistaken.
    2) If you're not over CTC cap, relying on having either a windwalk, trinket proc or, SB up at all times to keep you over the cap is bad. (It might have a VERY good uptime, but don't go playing with RNG unless you want to get shafted by a boss)

    So yeah, you'd be better off with a mastery/avoidance trinket in both slots and gem'ing stamina than prematurely using a stamina trinket. Let along the trinket that is perfectly designed for Druid/DK. In case you're wondering, the stamina trinket I would recommend is the one with a small absorption shield when you pass below 50% health
    The thing is, the things that are most likely to kill me are unblockable damage anyway. Impale, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    600
    @Fetzie: I don't believe the mechanic is that simple. I would need to read up on it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    The thing is, the things that are most likely to kill me are unblockable damage anyway. Impale, etc.
    I see your point. I would counter with: on that very same encounter, at the end when you tank the Terrors, you need every ounce of mitigation/avoidance you can get to avoid physical damage while healers battle that horrendous dot you receive. (this may just be for 10 man 2/3/5 though)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,978
    Almost all unblockable mechanics seem to ignore armour as well so its basically getting a big enough healthpool to survive the mechanic.once you've done that Avoidance/mastery are what will give you healers time to top you back up. YOur healthpool is 20k more than mine unbuffed, i don't have a problem with impales (i've even taken them in zerker stance), so you shouldn't struggle too much.

    @greg,an unhittable tank will have around 65% block, So 45% critical block, with hold the line and sb up that takes us to a 80% critical block chance. the LFR proc is worth 21 mastery or another 20% chance to critically block.

    Personally i wouldn't use soulshifter vortex as my stam trinket, Indomitable Pride just seems better.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 01-16-2012 at 04:33 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,279
    I don't have an Indom. Pride. Will also be back at CTC cap next lockout, given my gloves drop.

    Additionally with mastery food + shout and swapping mirror back in, I am at 102.41 again.
    Last edited by Dreadski; 01-16-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,279
    Was able to pick up raid finder hands and VP cloak, regemmed a little bit and was able to allow for one stam trinket while maintaining buffed CTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts