+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low dps Arms warrior.

Low dps Arms warrior.

i've been playing arms for around 2 weeks or so now and was wondering i could get some tips on how to get it higher i hit around 19-23k dps average.

the rotation I use is. Rend> colossus smash> mortal strike> overpower> slam> heroic stike(65+ rage)

i leave a link to my armory and would be grateful to any help to improve dps.
    thanks in advance.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Bloodtore/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodtore View Post
    the rotation I use is. Rend> colossus smash> mortal strike> overpower> slam> heroic stike
    Your gear could be better, but you appear to have the right caps and appropriate gems/enchants so it sounds like technique more than gear to me. I'm sure you don't really mean 'rotation', do you? Are you waiting to see if the set bonus applies CS before using the ability? Are you timing your CS such that it doesn't overlap? Are you delaying your mortal strikes to squeeze in other attacks? Have you got your UI nicely configured to help you know which button is the right one to press at any given time, so that you don't delay MS ever? Are you making good use of your AOE abilities (sweeping strikes, BnT, bladestorm), deadly calm, trinket, inner rage, etc?

hi thanks for the input.
    and no i didn't mean to write rotation thanks for pointing that out
    that is my priority for abilities.
    I don't usually watch out for CS so thank you that will be really helpful.
    i try to make sure that i watch out for mortal strike at all times and try to keep my LttS buff up.
    i would like to say that i have my ui set up well, but i feel it could be improved.
    i've used debuff filter before to keep track of things but it didn't help as much as I'd have liked it to, is there anything you can recommend?
    In aoe situation's i do make good use of all them abilities, but i struggle more with single target dps.

thank you again for your comments they have been helpful if there is anything else i'd love to hear it

1. MS, never delay it.
    2. CS unless 4 piece applied it.. it's hard to see from time to time, you'll clip it eventually without asian level reaction times A shiny power aura/tell me when can help on this greatly.
    3. Op
    4. Slam
    5. HS if over 55-60 rage and Inner rage activated, over ~ 70 if not. Use it with a battle trance procc whenever that lits up.

Always keep up the MS filler1 filler2 MS "rotation". Where you pull of 19-23k? Raidbosses, trash? Actually you should pull that numbers on a training dummy over an infinite amount of time, what you are capable of on them without additional buffs?

I will download power aura as my GM says it's good also and yeah i'm pulling off around that dps on training dummies.

thanks for the input really helpful

I like the power auras addon (indeed, my guild are sick of my pushing it), I think it's really good for helping rotations. I have auras setup to highlight if rend is missing, when overpower is usable, and when I get the 4 piece bonus I plan to work out a way to highlight when the CS effect is on my current target.

OmniCC is a very simple addon that puts numbers on your spell icons, useful for keeping your rotation tight.

just got power aura's used it in BH and it was pretty useful i must admit i was sceptical at first but i can see it being vital to my dps when i put more abilities on.

Are you stance dancing?
    If not you need to start because it is a nice dps boost.
    Also while Blood and Thunder is ok for trash, it's pretty useless for single target dps.
    I myself dropped it in favor of full Incite for a raid build.
    If you are already stance dancing remember to delay a couple of seconds before you switch for that overpower proc. If you wait until you have about 4.5 seconds left on your taste for blood before you stance dance and hit it you can usually get a back to back overpower on one stance change.

+ Reply to Thread