+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dps probs

dps probs

hi guys were seeming to have dps probs were 5/8 ds and struggling on ultra have got him down before not had full team on since will link logs the hunter and warrior are not in normal team but rest are can anyone have a look at logs and see if they can see the prob pls thx for any imput

shanjays http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hanjays/simple

majon http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Majon/simple

killerkims http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lerkims/simple

ishameal http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shamael/simple

and logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/76ctmpqa1rha1nor/

thx again for any advice guys

ishamael

The only member I'll speak about is your mage. He is going after massive amounts of haste, any haste over 2005 is pretty meh, also he is way over hit. His gemming is bad, he's gemming hit which he is already over, secondly he is only picking up a +10 socket bonus with it. Where if he put it in his belt he would gain 10 int.

Also (I don't know warlocks) but he isn't keeping 100% uptime on corruption. Normally if a DoT is worth casting its worth keeping up. Also he isn't using his 1.5 minute spell power trinket to buff his bane of doom. Also his improved soulfire uptime is pretty bad
    Last edited by leethaxor; 01-23-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Well, a couple things stand out:

You have almost no buffs. Your comp is kind of a tragedy. You lack both spell and melee/ranged haste, 3% damage, one of the auras (either conc/tranq mind, resistance (less of a big deal on ultraxion since you should have shadow resistance from the priest) or devo/stoneskin) and probably bleed damage debuff (since I doubt your hunter thought to bring that particular pet...in fact did your hunter have a pet AT ALL?).

Your rogues are both doing really sub-par dps given their gear.

Your combat rogue seems to be under-valuing expertise (since it's not capped) and over-valuing hit (since he is spell-hit capped, which isn't necessary for combat). He also doesn't have SnD glyphed but does have KS glyphed...definite dps loss there too. He did manage to keep his rupture use to basically nothing (he shouldn't be using it w/out a bleed debuff)...it's hard to tell much more without going into the logs more than I'm really willing to...but he has 23 RvS's and only 15 Evis's and 1 rupture (on your longest attempt)...so I do wonder where those other 7 RvS's went.

The other rogue is assassination, which is just a sub-par spec at this point. It doesn't bring a debuff/buff you don't already have and is just worse than combat. He should just switch...and reforge to support it.

Paladin tank:
    Hammer of the righteous hits for WAY less (20% easily) than crusader strike does on single target, he should really consider that. And seal of insight is a huge dps loss as well, is that passive healing really needed?

DK tank:
    Is somebody else playing two chars in this raid? What the heck he's doing all the time? Have him use outbreak to keep his diseases up ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77575 ) and use his other cooldowns way more frequently to ease healing. And ask him if he's a clicker or something else because it looks like he's idling for 20-30% of the fight.

Rogue 1 (shanjays):
    If specced for combat you want expertise softcap (26) and crit is your worst stat. Just reforge out of it whereever possible in favor of haste (or mastery if haste is already on the item). He has to improve on his Slice and Dice uptime, combo point management and usage of revealing strike.

Hunter:
    He should give SV a try for the meleehaste you're lacking. Outside of that he does a decent job for his gear and the lack of important buffs but he missed on hunter's mark for an entire attempt :/

Warrior
    Basically you want to hit 1x bloodthirst every 3 seconds before execute range, he's lacking in this department.

I could go on for the other players or specific gear adjustments but honestly i'd just advise having everybody hit either EJ, MMO-C or the general forums and check the pinned guides updated for 4.3 it looks like they lack some more or less basic knowledge. Have everyone check for the needed caps (hitcap, spellhitcap, expertisecap, whatever) and use a food + flask and give Ultraxion some more trys (about 10ish) before coming back to ask for specific help if that's still needed
    Last edited by klausi; 01-23-2012 at 02:58 PM.

kk thx guy felt i was dojng under par dps with mage been using mrrobot for reforge and really didnt think .22 was that much over any sites you could suggest for me and been bit lost on the haste requirments is 2005 for goblin? if not what would it be.

as for raid set up yeah was very bad tonight we normaly have a shammy healer and a shammy rdps so were lossing loads of buffs

thx for all advice guys do appreciate it and soz if anouyed anyone

ishamael

forgot he was a goblin, it also changes with the lack of the a haste buff :$
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

I'll comment on the paladin tank.

He should change his spec.

Wrath of the Lightbringer is a massive tps/dps talent. It provides more dps per point than over half the other threat talents added all together.

Eternal Glory is a crap talent. It was awesome when WoG had no cooldown, but since it does it has become a very mediocre threat talent (basically a 30% chance to do 60k damage after using WoG). It procced three times in the fight, taking an average of 30k damage that is just shy of 300 dps.

Hallowed Ground is another talent that is pretty rubbish.

Eye for an Eye provides about 2% damage (in your 5 minute attempt it did 33k damage - 107 dps).

Imp HoJ is a PvP talent. There is no use for it in Dragon Soul. Actually, there is very little use for it outside of an arena or battleground. He only needs one point in Reckoning.

He should change his glyphs.

reforging, gems are fine.

He appears to be playing the rotation ok at a first glance, but he really should be using Crusader Strike instead of HotR. It does a LOT more damage.

kk ty again will get on all that

If he changes his glyphs, spec and holy power generator, the paladin should be able to see a 5-7k dps increase, maybe more if he uses less WoG and more ShoR. I do about 20k dps (best kill was something in the order of 23k) on ultraxion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    I do about 20k dps (best kill was something in the order of 23k) on ultraxion.
    But he has 0% vengeance for the entire first minute, 13-14k should be a pretty decent result for him and almost doubling his current numbers.

The AoE damage from Ultraxion stacks vengeance doesn't it? But yeah, 13-14k is definitely doable.

as the offtank, it starts off as a 26k about every 5 seconds until the first HoT. unfortunatly as Vengeance decays every 2 seconds we're only really going to be looking at about 33% of that as vengenace. Thats still an extra 8k AP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaelazure View Post
    hi guys were seeming to have dps probs were 5/8 ds and struggling on ultra have got him down before not had full team on since will link logs the hunter and warrior are not in normal team but rest are can anyone have a look at logs and see if they can see the prob pls thx for any imput

shanjays http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hanjays/simple

majon http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Majon/simple

killerkims http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lerkims/simple

ishameal http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shamael/simple

and logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/76ctmpqa1rha1nor/

thx again for any advice guys

ishamael
    Your warlock should improve his dps!
    I can go into detail but i would really advise him to read a good guide on elitistjerks.
    But a few pointers:
    He has 18,55% hit chance that means 1,5% hit which he can reforge into haste!
    He didn't cast curse of elements on ultraxxion, which would boost the mage his dps as well.
    The uptime of his dots immolate, corruption, bane of doom are at 80%. He must refresh them the second they fall of!
    Not an expert on warlock Worldoflogs, but i don't see any doomguard. Which should boost his dps even more.

cool tyvm for all the hlp guys

Quote Originally Posted by Troxje View Post
    He must refresh them the second they fall of!
    The tick BEFORE they fall off. Safeclipping for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Troxje View Post
    He didn't cast curse of elements on ultraxxion, which would boost the mage his dps as well.
    The rogue was running Assassination (made evident by the use of Vendetta) and speced into Master Poisoner in his Assassination spec, Curse of Elements is redundant. It would actually be a DPS loss for them to use Curse of Elements since they could use a damaging curse instead and still have the raid debuff applied. Please make sure you check the raid comp when making advice about raid buffs/debuffs because there is significant overlap. They would not cast Curse of Elements if they have an Assassination Rogue speced into Master Poisoner, a Balance Druid applying Earth and Moon, an Unholy Death Knight applying Ebon Plaguebringer, or a Dragonhawk (Hunter pet) applying Fire Breath.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 01-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    they could use a damaging curse instead
    Dude, No longer exist in game.

The damaging curses (basically Doom and Agony) are now in their own self-exclusive category called "Banes" and can be applied together with the Curses (Elements, Weakness etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    The rogue was running Assassination (made evident by the use of Vendetta) and speced into Master Poisoner in his Assassination spec, Curse of Elements is redundant. It would actually be a DPS loss for them to use Curse of Elements since they could use a damaging curse instead and still have the raid debuff applied. Please make sure you check the raid comp when making advice about raid buffs/debuffs because there is significant overlap. They would not cast Curse of Elements if they have an Assassination Rogue speced into Master Poisoner, a Balance Druid applying Earth and Moon, an Unholy Death Knight applying Ebon Plaguebringer, or a Dragonhawk (Hunter pet) applying Fire Breath.
    Always forget the rogue the rest i know :P, but who plays assasination on a boss without being able to backstab below 35% anyway ;/
    And about the curse what people above said.

hey guys just change to tier 13 4pce have gemmed it and reforged as best i think i can could someone have a look pls and see if theres any improvements i can make would appreciate any help thx guys

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shamael/simple

+ Reply to Thread