+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New tank go DK or Pally?

New tank go DK or Pally?

OK Blizzard decided to ban my account saying I owed them $225 in fees. I laughed at the guy on the phone and just reopened one of my old RAF accounts. It is eligible for a DK since I guess I had a 55+ on it sometime before. But I just want to faceroll my way through content until the new expansion comes out. This character wont be my main, I could care less about him. I just need to hit 85, farm heirlooms, and also start farming enough gold to twink my new monk with. Then shelve him until new expansion is released.

I figure tank spec is the only way to go because of the instant queues makes accomplishing my goals a lot easier. I have experience with both. Had two 85 pally tanks in full 359s and also two 85 DKs in similar loot so tanking on either one doesnt matter to me. I just havent played in a while, like before 4.1 so dont know if they made tanking any easier or buffed/nerfed any of the tank classes. Im kinda leaning towards the DK because I already start out at 58. But on my last one I remember having problems holding threat sometimes because I ran out of runes where as on my pally it was a snoozefest when it came to threat and I could just use 2 keys and keep it.

Also for soloing old raids is that still good gold? Id like to make at least 100-150k or so in order to feel comfortable when it comes to alts as I must buy every single BoE for them including mounts.

First of all, if you lose threat in 4.3, you have very serious problems (unless the DPS outgears you by 30 iLvLs). It's been buffed past ridiculous. So you don't have to worry about that. As for what to level/use, probably DK. Starting in mid 50's is a good advantage of about 24 hours of game time with no BOA's. And DK's (when played properly, obviously a lot more active mitigation as I'm sure you're aware) are looking to be incredibly powerful in this tier of content.

As to making money, right now I think the most lucrative thing you can do is sell gems and enchanting mats. LFR has give a LOT more of the player-base a shot at upgrading gear a lot more than they would normally. So yeah, those markets are still inflating and fluctuating even though we're 2 months into the tier. IDK about soloing old content, maybe somebody else can give you a good answer to that.

You can probably solo some of the level 70 shit. I haven't played a DK since Wrath so I'm not keen on how much self healing you boogers get. I know as a warrior I was able to solo Kara up to chess/netherspite but mechanics won't really allow for a single player to beat those. Also did a few bosses in SSC for transmog shit but didn't do all of them. Some of the bosses in BT/Hyjal should be soloable as well. As far as level 80, I've seen DK's solo some raids so it's possible. Heroics naturally though there's not much gold to be had there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    You can probably solo some of the level 70 shit. I haven't played a DK since Wrath so I'm not keen on how much self healing you boogers get. I know as a warrior I was able to solo Kara up to chess/netherspite but mechanics won't really allow for a single player to beat those. Also did a few bosses in SSC for transmog shit but didn't do all of them. Some of the bosses in BT/Hyjal should be soloable as well. As far as level 80, I've seen DK's solo some raids so it's possible. Heroics naturally though there's not much gold to be had there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjrjsxggGMc Nuff said?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Pretty much. I don't really go out of my way to find these vids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Sounds like theft of services.

Paladin: Because paladin tanking is awesome and much more awesome than any other tanking*

* views of this poster may be a little biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Sounds like theft of services.
    Stopped playing WoW for a while but I Noticed funny activity on my credit card one day. One was paypal for pvptools which everyone knows is an obvious botting program. The second was the 8 character transfers in a week using different characters all going to different servers. And lastly when I finally did log in I went from having over 600k gold down to around 2k. Noticed random people on friends list who I didnt know. Also my paypal account had no money in it so obviously the gold wasnt being sold by me. Naturally I called my bank and I did a chargeback what idiot wouldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmgp View Post
    Stopped playing WoW for a while but I Noticed funny activity on my credit card one day. One was paypal for pvptools which everyone knows is an obvious botting program. The second was the 8 character transfers in a week using different characters all going to different servers. And lastly when I finally did log in I went from having over 600k gold down to around 2k. Noticed random people on friends list who I didnt know. Also my paypal account had no money in it so obviously the gold wasnt being sold by me. Naturally I called my bank and I did a chargeback what idiot wouldnt.
    Oh, the way you wrote it sounded like you were stiffing Blizz for $225, not that you had gotten hacked.

I can generally net around 1500 gold soloing most of a BC level 70 raid, like Tempest Keep (last boss seems impossible to solo but I will keep pushing until I can) as a bear. I don't know if that is the kind of gold you were expecting from these old raids but that's what I get now.
    Bears are strong.

I made most of mine sitting in front of the AH for 3-4 hours a day buying ore, prospecting, cutting, crafting, DEing. Then repost 3-5 times a day. On a good night I could make 15-20k when I woke up. Because of class and work dont have that luxury anymore lol. Playing mostly Old Republic now which is why I just wanted fastest way to 85 so I could get what I needed to be ready for next expansion then cancel my account till then. Thats were the real gold is anyways. Made 200k by noon when cata launched cause I was the only person selling elementium for 1k a stack ore and 2k a stack bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Pretty much. I don't really go out of my way to find these vids.
    I just typed in "DK solo LK" and clicked on ther first link i saw.

+ Reply to Thread