+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid leading

Raid leading

I could use some help about raid leading, i got an task in the guild to set togheter an 10-man progress for ds, and i need to know how many dps or healers i need? and is there like an "ultimate" setup then how does that look
    I think i will get away with just putting us together but if they want me to lead what addons will i need?
    and if you have some other tips be my guest i am all green on this the only thing i got is the tacts.

2 tanks, one with a DPS offspec, 3 healers, 1 with a DPS offspec, 5 mainspec DPS. Naturally you want buffs that will complement each other. Addons, you want a decent boss mod like DBM or DXE, skada if you want to easily see dps/heals/damage taken, etc. GTFO is great for people who need to get out of things that hurt them. All else is up to personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

2 melee, 3 ranged for the DPS is optimal, though you COULD add or subtract one or the other.

Recount is a solid recording addon for DPS, damage taken, healing done, interrupts (ect). Deathnote is also nice for progression. I'm a fan of DBM as a boss mod, shows raid warnings and cd timers for fight mechanics which can be extremely helpful.

A Shaman or Mage is a must for lust/TW. Also try to have more than one B-res in you raid. And make sure that your raid members know how to play their CLASS not just spec and rotation. Some fights favor a different spec because of mechanics. For example, on Spine, prolonged DPS isn't as important as being able to burst through different things.

Addon like loggerhead in combination with a worldoflogs account is nice for uploading logs. That way you can evaluate stuff if you want to.

One other thing you might want to keep in mind is that Morchok HC is generally done with 4 healers so might want to have an offspec/alt ready for that but if both tanks got their 4piece its also possible with 2 healers if they're good.

You can three heal morchok if yo don;t have a 4th healer

Our 4'th healer=Boomkin gone resto with LFR healer tier (we guildies "might" have gone in on our alts and stacked Vanquisher Tier one week) and a trinket swap. Pretty much exact same stat priority as resto, just different haste caps and whatnot, so no major reforge required. You could do the same if you have an Ele shamman, or maybe even a Spriest. Basically, don't structure your entire raid around it, but let one of those classes (that would normally be DPS) know that they might have to do some healing for one fight. But that's and 8/8 clear away, so i wouldn't worry about it too much. I wouldn't recomend 3 healing Morchok, for pretty much the same reasons my guild doesn't: we could 3 heal, and end the fight a minute or so earlier, but why would we when we can 4 heal and make things go SO much smoother.

So the MS rogue who has the healing alt doesn't miss out on his MS shoulders.

+ Reply to Thread