+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IRL - Warcraft Addiction Film

IRL - Warcraft Addiction Film

Hey Guys,

I have been working on my film "IRL - In Real Life" for a good few months now as part of my Film Production course, and I have just released it, so I thought I would share it with everyone!

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKjNwejhfg

Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

Really good. Really.

Thouroughly impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Me and my fiance are really impressed by your work man. Warcraft Addiction is real and some people out there are too scared to admit it

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments and glad you enjoyed the film!

Well done mate, great piece of work.

It was certainly watchable. It was really solid for what it was trying to be technically wise. However, I found it quite pretentious and in some ways trying to be manipulative. Warcraft did not destroy your life, there is no scientific evidence to support that you can get addicted to it whatsoever. So instead of going on and casting blame on the game itself for losing 6 years of your life on it, blame yourself for not being able to prioritize your life to the slightest.

Example. My co-GM. He is writing a PHD in medschool in Munich. We are running a very hardcore guild raiding 5-6 times per week. Just wanted to say, it is perfectly viable to play hardcore and get on with your normal life if you know how to organize your time. However, something that causes real addiction, like say, heroine, will never let you do that. I'm not trying to judge you here and I'm really glad you managed to get back on track. But be careful, if you got "addicted" to Warcraft, you might get addicted in exactly the same way to some other activity later on in your life.

Keep rocking

While i don't think WoW is more addictive than any other enjoyable experiences life has to offer, i have to say it's a thoroughly well made video. I find Valeras goes a little far in the comment above, but it might be an opinion worth noting. It's a lovely story of overcoming addiction, but i fear many will see it as being about how WoW is the devil and corrupts the youth, more than it is about a personal journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Galad View Post
    While i don't think WoW is more addictive than any other enjoyable experiences life has to offer, i have to say it's a thoroughly well made video. I find Valeras goes a little far in the comment above, but it might be an opinion worth noting. It's a lovely story of overcoming addiction, but i fear many will see it as being about how WoW is the devil and corrupts the youth, more than it is about a personal journey.
    Thank You! I have had a lot of comments looking at the video from a wider aspect about WoW as a whole, rather than my own personal journey. I didn't make this video to preach about how "WoW is the devil" or anything like that, and I don't blame the game, I didn't really blame the game in the video, I just listed what was great about it, that could cause someone (like my old self) to be embraced within the world they have created.

However, most people have acknowledged it was from my own point of view (which it is) rather than a documentary about "game addiction" as a whole.

Anyway, I could rant about this for ages, but I'll leave it there!

Thanks again for all the comments, I really appreciate all of them!

Bump

Please don't 'bump' threads. At least not with just a bump reply. These aren't the wow forums.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread